Nov 11, 2011
Thank You.
By the time I was born, my dad's career in the Army was winding down before he finally retired after more than 20 years of service. Then I grew up, became an Army Wife and was introduced to the military through the eyes of an adult--it's definitely a different experience. I have seen first hand the dedication and sacrifices the men and women of the armed forces make for our country and I can personally attest to the sacrifices made by their families. Today, I remember all the Veterans in my life, including my husband (pictured left--taken during his second Iraq deployment), my sister, my dad (pictured center--taken in Thailand in 1967) and my brother-in-law who recently retired after 24 years of service (pictured right--taken at his retirement ceremony). I'm also remembering all our Army friends we've met throughout the years and especially those we've lost to the war.
If you or your spouse is a Veteran, I thank you for your service. If you are a spouse of a service member then I thank you as well because behind every good Soldier, Coastie, Airman, Sailor and Marine stands a proud and supportive family. Less than 1% of the American population serves to protect the other 99% and while the military lifestyle is not easy by any means, I am proud to have come from a military family and to now call myself an Army Wife. Happy Veterans Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!