Last night, I saw a ticker on TLC that said "D_uggars to make special announcement tomorrow on Today Show." Unless you live under a rock, you've already heard the news that Michelle D_uggar is pregnant again. That makes #20. I was really hoping that the announcement would not be another pregnancy, especially considering all of the dangers and complications that they experienced with Josie and Michelle's health.
I would be lying if I said the green monster didn't rear its ugly head when I heard their news. This was me: "Seriously? All I want is one and she is having twenty! What gives?" This seems to be the general consensus among infertiles. Although I have immense respect for their morals, values and dedication to their conservative lifestyle (although I may not agree with it) I have to wonder when is enough enough? Their kids are so well behaved, they live a debt free life and they have been blessed with incredible fertility. More than once I have found myself jealous of their incredible faith as mine has been greatly lacking this past year. I'd like to think that they truly are as happy, good and loving as they seem on TV but I still feel sorry for their kids as there is no possible way each child gets the individual attention he or she needs from mom and dad. Part of me also wonders if their lifestyle would have continued had they not received national attention and all the 'perks' (read: financial resources) to be able to afford more children, though they generally leave these things up to God. I guess that means that God has missed the memo from me for the last three years.
A friend of mine posted on FB, "Hey Jim Bob and Michelle: God does not make you pregnant. Having sex and not using birth control makes you pregnant!" to which I replied "Or in my case, 40+ injections, a few Playboys, a Reproductive Endocrinologist and an Embryologist might get you pregnant." I am getting to start the ultimate treatment for infertility just for a shot at motherhood and while I certainly hope she has a healthy pregnancy and a safe delivery, I am green with envy and resentment right now. They need to bottle their water and sell that shit! Accupuncture to boost fertility? No way. I'm drinking D_uggar water!
*****Update*****
On tonight's season finale of 19 Kids and Counting Michelle said, "It's not in the water. I know that much." Well shit.

I do live under rock I guess. LOL! Nah, I just don't watch TLC (is that what channel their show is on?). I've been trying have a more positive attitude and try not to be so bitter when I hear people are pregnant and we're still not. Yeah, I'm trying it out, so far it's hit or miss.
ReplyDeleteI've been terrible about commenting, but I'm thinking of you this cycle! Good luck with everything and I hope your husband is home on time. My fingers and toes are crossed for you guys!
i completely agree with you about the attention that the kids get. They are basically raised by their siblings! The older ones are assigned a younger one, and it's crazy. Also, did you notice that they take the kids to other large family events, like they should only find a spouse there. it's sort of creepy!
ReplyDeletehmm, I'm not sure how to feel about the Duggars. Yes, I think that they are a very sweet family with lots of love to give, but the other side of me thinks that they are absolute lunatics! LOL! Enough is enough. Can you imagine how many grandkids they will have if they all get on the baby making wagon? And imagine being one of her girls and experiencing infertility one day. That would be so extremely hard!
ReplyDeleteThose children are so robotic. I hate seeing the older children raising the younger ones.
ReplyDeleteJust because they have the money does NOT mean they should keep reproducing. I hate a huge debate about this on Facebook, resulting in one girl repeating "every child is a blessing" over and over.
Like you said, I just want one and she has 20. So..... ugh!