First, I finally heard from Mike! This was a huge surprise since he's in "the box" and isn't supposed to have any communication but he was able to get a message through to let me know that he'll be home as scheduled. :) I have been so worried about him since the training accident earlier this week that took a soldier's life. Even though I knew he wouldn't have been anywhere near it, all rationality goes out the window when you hear "training accident." He's doing well though, his unit finally got a shower tent (no more baby wipe showers!) and he seems in good spirits, which is great considering everything that has happened this rotation. After 7.5 years of marriage that man can still give me butterflies and I posted on Facebook about it yesterday. It received a ton of 'Likes' and a few comments about what a wonderful feeling it is when we finally hear from our soldiers. Late last night I received a comment from a wife of one of Mike's soldiers, something along the lines of this: "Nothing personal but what happened to no WiFi in the box? If they're not supposed to have internet then no one should have internet. I have a five year old who has cried herself to sleep every night because she misses her daddy. You should have keep it to yourself and not rubbed it in for others who are missing their spouses too." Imagine my jaw....on the floor. She knows about our infertility, which makes her comment all the worse.
I'm sure you other infertiles, military spouse or not, already know what my first reaction. "Seriously? I should totally tell her not to shove her fertility down my throat. She should stop posting pictures of her adorable kids. At least she has a five year old to miss her daddy." The old Megan would have deleted the comment and moved on but I have felt myself evolve over the past several months and I am tired of taking other people's shit. I did end up sending her a private message but managed great self-restraint. Instead, I killed her with kindness. I apologized that she hadn't heard from her husband (not my fault) apologized that her daughter was missing her daddy (again, not my fault) told her that I wasn't trying to rub anything into anyone's face (because I wasn't) and explained that Mike had just dropped me a quick line to make sure I knew he'd be home on time since we're getting ready to start our first IVF cycle and that thousands of dollars are a stake if he doesn't make it home in time. She wrote back, explained that she had a lot of things that she needed to talk to her husband about and wished us luck with our IVF. Ha. I hope she felt like a royal you-know-what. I did end up giving Mike a heads up, in case he was able to get on e-mail again, and he said he's going to tell his soldier to e-mail his wife. Megan for the win.
Anyway, on to my meds! I'm still waiting and running to the door every time my dogs bark. My tracking information still hasn't been updated, Customs still has my meds and my clinic doesn't have an emergency stock. IVFMeds said they could send another shipment but it wouldn't be here until Thursday at the earliest. The nurse at my clinic told me not to panic since I haven't started my period yet but I'm freaking out since I've been spotting since yesterday morning. Thankfully, a few members of a forum I belong to have generously offered to donate their extra meds to me, to tide me over until my shipment arrives. One is 25 weeks pregnant and another warned me that the medicine is likely to produce beautiful twin girls. How wonderful is that? People amaze me.
My brother's TESE was successful and his recovery is going well. SIL starts her injections tomorrow and she assured me that the mock transfer was uncomfortable, but not painful. That's good to hear since I'll be going to mine solo. I have so many mixed emotions about cycling at the same time as them, but I think that's an entire post for another day. So my meds are still being held hostage in NY but it looks like I should be covered in the mean time, AF should show any time now, Mike's coming home on time and it looks like everything may work out. ::fingers crossed::
I am also preparing for our first IVF and wish you so much luck. And, I agree, mock transfer didn't hurt- just kinda uncomfortable.
ReplyDeleteFirst off, I want to say thank you to you and your husband for all you do for this great country!!
ReplyDeletesecond, sooo glad that he is coming home as scheduled!! Good luck!!!
So gladI you gothave to hear from yourwho husband! Its sounds like everything is coming together. I really hope you get your meds in time I know how easily panic can set in. My meds were supposed to be here last Tuesday and when I checked the tracking it said they were already signed for I completly freaked out. Luckily it worked out but not before I almost had a panic attack!
ReplyDelete