![]() |
| Beautiful Bloat and Bruising |
Today I had blood draw #6 and about five or six hours later I received a phone call from my RE saying that my estradiol was not rising like it should and that he wanted to see me again this evening. Mike and I got back in the car and drove the hour to the clinic but luckily it was pretty empty and we didn't have to wait long. I had another follicle scan and this one was extremely uncomfortable, I'm guessing due to the size of my ovaries. I don't know how to describe it other than to imagine an extremely full bladder, so full that it's painful. Now, imagine poking your bladder with a stick. THAT is what my ultrasound felt like tonight but the good news is that it did show some growth since yesterday, just not as much as my doctor would like. I have four lead follicles and still a few more just hanging out around 14 and several smaller ones that he doesn't expect to get any good eggs from. He'd really like the 14s to mature so he sent me home with a few doses of Follistim, which I took tonight and will take another one in the morning. He assured me that my "small harvest" should be plenty, so I'm trying to trust his judgement. No more Menopur, which is especially ironic because guess what I FINALLY got in the mail today? That's right, my meds from customs. Go figure, right?
My doctor is really quirky--one of those guys who is so smart that he makes you feel like your a few brain cells short. He asked when H and I last had "relations" and it took everything in me not to giggle like a 10 year old girl. Poor guy just got home from the field last night and we're already 'abstaining' for retrieval. At least we made those first 12 hours count. *wink wink* Tomorrow I go back for more blood work, another ultrasound and it looks like I will be triggering tomorrow night! I made Mike promise not to start drinking until after he does my shot. Smart thinking, right? As of right now, we're set for an egg retrieval at 0800 on Friday morning.
Oh! How could I forget---my lucky socks picture from today. Look familiar, C? <3



Oh, the bloat. I am SO not looking forward to that! I'm excited to hear that you're almost ready to trigger. I remember getting to that point and not having much anxiety about the ER process because I just wanted them OUT! Love the socks :)
ReplyDeleteI giggled at your relations question too ;)
ReplyDeleteSooooo happy Mike is home and I'm SOOOOOO happy you FINALLY have a doctor worth writing positive things about!!!
Egg retrieval on Friday, that is great news! What a special Thanksgiving :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad Mike made it home on time! I've tried a few things for bloat. Ginger tea (which tastes like crap and I hate) and chamomile tea are supposed to help. The thing that worked the best for me was peppermint tea (because I can't stand ginger tea), but only when I was drinking a ton of it - like 4 - 6 cups a day. I basically drank peppermint tea instead of half my water intake for a few days. Just get the caffeine free tea. It's not a miracle cure, but it has made wearing waistbands bearable.
ReplyDeleteLoving the socks!!
ReplyDeleteI always say no matter what you are wearing if you are wearing fun sock or underwear it will always make you smile, even if others can't see them!!
Happy ICLW
#68
Wow! I'm so excited for you! I'm dreading the Menopur, I guess it's a necessary evil though. Wishing you the best! xoxoxo
ReplyDelete