Nov 1, 2011

Proof That I'm the Cool Aunt

My oldest niece and nephew, Gabrielle and Ben, decided to dress up as Mike and I for Halloween--Chucks, tattoo sleeves and all. They looked so cute! Gabrielle even put a fake Monroe piercing on her face, exactly where I have my real one. Some people joked that they even managed to get the height difference to scale--Mike's three inches shorter than I am. Haha.

 In case you're wondering, I have actually had pink hair a few different times in my life. Thus, the inspiration for Gabs' pink wig. Mike actually had bihawks when I met him, which is why Ben has a purple mohawk. Mike's bald now and I tease him that all his hair fell out because of all the hair product and dye he used growing up. 





I managed to survive Halloween. I spend the evening at a friend's house on post and HOLY COW, talk about procreation city!  She lives in the same housing that we'll be moving into in a few months and I made a mental note to buy costco size bags of candy for next year. I nearly teared up when I first saw the couple of little cuties but I drank a beer and told myself that I was going to enjoy the evening. I wish Mike would have been here though.

Gabrielle is calling today "Gilmore Girls Day." 11-1-11. If you get the reference, you're a true fan! Haha!  Today is also the day where I would normally bust out the garland and Andy Williams, but I'm not feeling all that festive yet this year. I already started listening to good ole Bing Crosby on Pandora but I don't think I'm ready to tackle the totes and totes of Christmas decorations in our garage all by myself. Maybe this weekend!

I never heard from my doctor or the pharmacy yesterday so I just called Freedom Pharmacy to inquire about my prescription. Right away they asked me if this was for an IUI or IVF cycle. Well, crap. I wasn't going to LIE. I know there are probably some women who would lie, just to get their meds covered by Tricare, but I couldn't do that without feeling insanely guilty. So now I'm just waiting for them to call me back and tell me that Tricare denied coverage so that I can pay for the meds and get them shipped sooner rather than later. It stinks but I suppose that I should be thankful that everything up to this point has been covered, which the exception of the IUIs.

Gabrielle is calling today "Gilmore Girls Day." 11-1-11. If you get the reference, you're a true fan! Haha!  Today is also the day where I would normally bust out the garland and Andy Williams, but I'm not feeling all that festive yet this year. I already started listening to good ole Bing Crosby on Pandora but I don't think I'm ready to tackle the totes and totes of Christmas decorations in our garage all by myself. Maybe this weekend! Are there any other crazy people who decorate for Christmas super early like me? Christmas lovers unite!

1 comment:

  1. I love Christmas!!! I usually make myself wait to decorate until after Thanksgiving, but I love browsing the holiday aisles in stores (and online!) and listening to all the festive music :) Since we're moving, I won't get to decorate until mid-December this year, so I'll live vicariously through you! I hope you get your meds soon!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!