Nov 5, 2011

Saturday Night

Warning: This post may or may not be one, long, seemingly endless ramble. This is what happens when I'm in a house for days on end with no human interaction. You know you've been alone too long when you talk to your pets and you expect them to answer you. Consider yourself warned.

What do you do when you're a "bachelorette" on a Saturday night? Re-vamp the blog and watch Beauty and the Beast--duh!  Aladdin is on now and I can hardly concentrate while I type this post because my brain keeps telling me to sing along with the movie.  I was seven when Beauty and the Beast came out and eight when Aladdin came out. Holy shite. Talk about feeling old! What do you think of the new look on the blog? I thought the screaming lady would set the tone for the blog nicely since I'm pretty sure that's what I look like most days, only crazier.
Rory's Stocking

Earlier today I made a surprise for my thirteen year old niece, Gabrielle. She has been wanting a dog for years and she finally gets to bring home her pup Thanksgiving weekend! My sister mentioned to me that Gabrielle has been concerned that "Rory" doesn't have a Christmas stocking yet. Aunt Megan to the rescue! It turned out so cute that I think I'm going to have to make my zoo new stockings too! 

Oh, oh! Guess what's been shipped from Great Britain and is on its way to me? My Menopur! It should be here no later than the 10th, which will work out perfectly timing-wise.  Apparently it comes in a powder form and has to be re-constituted with saline. Thanks to a couple generous Bumpies, I will have plenty.  It's amazing how the common thread of infertility can bring a group of women together, isn't it?   The support and advice that I have received from this board has been such a comfort.  No matter how much I read, I still don't think I'll ever be 100% prepared for IVF. I think that I'm just going to have jump in with both feet. I'm trying to push the injections out of my mind and trying to focus on one thing at a time. First thing--sonohysterogram. It seems like experiences vary from person to person, just like with the HSG. I have a pretty high pain tolerance and my HSG hurt.like.hell. I always had high expectations to have a natural child birth until that moment. Even my IUIs were uncomfortable so I want to hear from my readers, what was your experience like? Did you take any pain medication before hand? Did you have someone go with you to the appointment? Mike will still be gone when I have mine so I've asked a friend to go with me. Lay it all out for me!

5 comments:

  1. Thankfully, I've never experienced any pain with my IUIs so I opted not to take anything for pain when I went in for my saline the other week. It basically felt like just an IUI does, so if you take anything before IUI, I would suggest popping something about an hour before the saline. I felt some cramping afterwards, but nothing too terrible. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may have confused you. The uterine sounding is what I recommend the nitrous with. A sonohysterogram won't be any more painful than an IUI, it is just a catheter and u/s...so if you have issues with that you can take some tylenol, but don't take ibuprofen in the middle of this process..but you won't be offered nitrous for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah, I think I'm the one who is confused. During my googling I saw a lot of women have SGHs and I thought that was the same thing as uterine sounding but it seems like I am wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new look and the stocking! You're craftiness is enviable :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with your new layout!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!