
Menopur comes in powder form and needs to be mixed before it can be injected and I received 40+ vials of diluent in the mail today. My Menopur will be here in a few days and I'll get my Lupron from my RE. This is starting to feel real! Now, if Mike would just come home. I know some of my fellow military wives are rolling their eyes right now because it's only been a week and a half since MH left. Okay, okay you got me but it's been a long time since I had to be apart from him for this long and I have had zero contact with him for nearly a week thanks to the Mojave. He's in what's known as "the box" while they play glorified laser tag and blow stuff up and he'll be there for another eleven days. I've spent a total of eight or nine days with him since the last week of September. Ah, the life of an Army Wife.
I did put up a few decorations last weekend--pretty much everything except the tree and exterior lights. Mike and I have a tradition of buying ornaments every time we go somewhere so we like to reminisce every year when we put up the tree. We have about eight new ornaments this year from England and our trip to Leavenworth! 
It's been pretty chilly here so I put on the flannel sheets last weekend. I love climbing into flannel sheets! Without Mike here to keep me warm at night I've been letting Bailey, my 65 pound mutt, sleep under the blankets with me. She happily snoozes for about 15-20 minutes until she gets too hot and then moves to the top of the blankets. I know she misses Mike but she sure is happy when she gets to sleep with me!
My brother is having his TESA tomorrow so I'll be sending him some good vibes. Apparently the lady he spoke with at his clinic misquoted him and he is going to have to pay $800 more than he expected. Not exactly what you want to hear the day before your procedure. :( I really hope the procedure goes well for him. He's getting knocked out completely so I hope he doesn't have much pain afterward.
Okay, one last picture. I took this when I was out and about last week. It was taken on the road to my subdivision and it's a rare day when we can see all of Mt. Rainier! Blue skies are kind of a rarity around here. Isn't the Pacific Northwest gorgeous?! ::swoon::
****************UPDATE*****************
I just found out that a soldier from here was killed in an accident at NTC, where Mike is currently training. A styrker rolled over and one soldier died and four others were injured. The family has been notified so I know it's not Mike (he wouldn't be in a stryker anyway, but still......) but my heart is still pounding. This is the absolute worst fear of a soldier's wife. This nightmare always crosses our minds when we say goodbye for a deployment but the thought of losing Mike during a training accident has never, ever crossed my mind before now. I hate the box and NTC now more than ever! Please keep the family in your prayers.

I have to say I'm totally jealous of your photo of the mountains...I would love that. :) Glad you got your meds and I totally sympathize with you about your DH. Mine just got back from NTC not a few weeks ago and is already gone again. It sucks and sure doesn't help planning TTC stuff sometimes...
ReplyDeleteThat photo of the mountains is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteAnd that is the scariest thing ever, losing a soldier during training!! :(
Prayers for the family and prayers for you and peace as you wait to hear from Mike.