![]() |
| Today's Lucky Socks |
My doctor finally came in and we got started on the ultrasound. He has a big screen that he uses but there's also a smaller screen angled so that I can see it from where I'm lying down. Mike sat down next to me and hunched over to see the small screen but I pointed out the big screen he could look at. My RE then said, "Oh but the small screen is so much more romantic." I stifled a laugh but cracked up when the nurse said, "Dr. M. if this is your idea of romance......." Ha. Touche.
Well, the big news of the day (other than the wonderful surprise of MH coming home early!) is that it looks like we may be doing our egg retrieval on Friday! Right now I have four follicles on my right ovary that will definitely be mature in the next few days, several smaller ones that will most likely catch up by then and even more smaller follicles that we will most likely not get any eggs out of, most of which were on my crappy left side. Right now I am to keep doing what I've been doing and check tomorrow with more blood work and an ultrasound on Wednesday. We should know by Wednesday what the definite plan is.
I'm a little nervous about the small number of potential eggs I have growing. I'm afraid of having very few eggs and then having fertilization issues. I'm afraid of not having very many viable embryos and none to freeze. I just keep reminding myself that I need to trust in my doctor right now, he's the professional in all of this. He knows what he's doing and if he thinks I'll be ready for an egg retrieval by Friday then I need to trust his judgment. I'm so glad Mike's finally home because he's really helping me to see the positive side of all of this. Optimism is crucial right now.
After my appointment we went to Panera--where else would we go, right? While we were eating I received a text from my dear friend, Allie, explaining that she was shopping for a card to send me but couldn't really find one. After all, Hallmark doesn't exactly make an embryo adorned card that says, "I hope the crazy drugs you're on make you grow lots of wonderful follicles so that they can plunge a needle through your vagina to get them and then mix them with your husband's sperm to make little embryos that then implant into your uterine lining and grow for the next 9 months." Haha. I love her.
I arrived home from my appointment to the most adorable good luck card EVER, compliments of my niece the Amazing Annabelle. Don't you love the babies on there? I'm going to put it in my purse and take it to every one of my appointments from here on out. <3

awww that card from Annabelle is precious!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd <3 to you and your follicles from me today.
I fake bought you this http://www.zazzle.com/infertility_sucks_greeting_card-137933378938787714
ReplyDeleteand this http://www.zazzle.com/ivf_good_luck_infertility_greeting_card-137705450165516478
since I didn't have your address I couldn't actually send them to you :)
What an AWESOME surprise from H!!! And quite exciting news about retrieval timing... I'm sure you'll get some of those follies to grow up and make beautiful babies for 'ya :) Lots of luck!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like your day was full of really great surprises :) SO glad your husband is home now and is being the positive support you need. I'm sure this week will be full of both excitement and nerves, but it sounds like everything is going really well. Grow, follies, grow!
ReplyDeleteI love the story of H being at the door! it made me tear up! damn hormones! All great news!~ Love the card too, so darling!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great surprise!!! I’m so happy that your support system is home!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you are moving right along, and your right for trusting in your doctor. It is so easy to over analyze every little thing during this process and don’t worry about the small number use my motto “Quality over Quantity”
I loved your outfit from the ankles down ;). I have no problem with you stealing my tab Steal away!!
sending some major growing vibes to your follies! you'd be surprised just how quickly it can all change. one day we only had three follies and the next there were like 12. it was crazy! good luck!
ReplyDeleteHooray! It sounds like yesterday was an exciting day at your house!! Grow, follies GROW!
ReplyDeleteI love the card. How completely adorable of your niece. I totally think it is a good luck charm :).
ReplyDeleteADORABLE card!!! Good luck :) Will be sending lots of baby dust to you!
ReplyDelete