Nov 20, 2011
Just Make My Damn Latte
As of today I have done 22 injections and had my blood drawn four times. This morning's blood draw was particularly brutal. I swear the nurse was about 12 and was more interested in my tattoos than paying attention to what she was doing. I felt her jab the needle in but I wasn't expecting the bleeding and swelling afterward. It still effing hurts. =(
Once again, I went to Panera for breakfast afterward. Hey--I definitely deserved it today! I keep confusing the baristas by requesting a decaf Chai Latte--every single day they come and ask me, "Do you want it with decaf shots or do you want us to make it decaf?" What part of Decaf Chai Latte is so hard to understand? Just make my damn latte. Oh, but these hormones aren't having any effect on me whatsoever. Ha.
I'm definitely feeling less like myself. Today I went to Joann's to buy some supplies and I told the lady at the cutting counter that I didn't need anything else, even though there was clearly another bolt of fabric in my cart to be cut. THEN, I walked away from the cutting counter and left behind all my cut fabric. I'm losing it and I had to double my PM dosage of Menopur beginning tonight, so I can only imagine how it's going to be from here on out. Today I teared up listening to a Christmas greeting on the radio from a soldier stationed in Afghanistan. I feel like I have no control over my emotions right now and I find myself going from one extreme to the other. Lucky Mike is coming home just in time!
Tonight I came home and made stockings for three special little girls, my nieces Annabelle, Madeline and Charlotte. Didn't they turn out cute? <3 Tomorrow is Day 6 of stims and I have to get more blood work and an ultrasound, but my treat tomorrow will be the best of all--my H is finally coming home from training! <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Ouch!! thats looks real sore!!
ReplyDeleteLove the stockings.. very clever!
oh wow your stockings are so cute! Did you follow a template? I want to make my son one, but the sewing machine and I hate each other :(
ReplyDeleteYikes! Your poor arm! I'm glad your husband will be home soon :)
ReplyDeleteStockings are so cute, love them! Sorry about the emotional craziness, I had that saturday at my doctors office. I just broke out in tears and was thinking WTH?
ReplyDeleteGood luck on your injections. Everyday that goes by is one day closer :)
Ouch!!! Is it just me or do these shots hurt more and more each time?
ReplyDeleteGlad that the hubby is coming home today. Im sure you thrilled to have him back and he can be there to support you on this crazy journey. I love the stockings they really are adorable.
Did you get my e-mail I sent a few days back?
Owie :( Your latte looks delish. I am so happy to hear your hubby will be home soon!
ReplyDeleteYay for hubby being home soon! adorable stockings! get better soon arm!
ReplyDeleteI am a panera bread breakfast addict!!! And yowza, your poor arm makes me cringe. I absolutely hate it when I get a nurse who sucks at drawing blood! But honestly, are the shots not that bad? Just thinking about all of that makes me feel ill!!
ReplyDelete*your stockings are too dang cute!*
First of all - I'm madly in love with those stockings. If we had a fireplace I would harass you until you made adorable matching stockings like that for Jack and the dogs and cat and I... ;)
ReplyDeleteSecondly, I hate the people you have to deal with daily. You are surrounded by imbeciles... whether it's your clients, your nurses, or even your freaking barista. You are like fly paper for idiots I swear.
*hugs* I hope your bruising goes away quickly!!!