Nov 26, 2011

Oh Tannenbaum!

I happily slept the day away yesterday and decided this morning that I was feeling well enough to go hunt down the perfect Christmas tree. We were expecting a call from the embryologist around 9 but when we didn't hear from him by 10 we had him paged.  We never heard back from him but they did tell Mike yesterday that no news is good news. Still, we want to know how many embryos we have growing so we'll call and bug him again tomorrow. I am still SO bloated. Thank goodness for long sweaters to hide the fact that I can't button my pants! I had to use the old hair-tie-looped-through-the-button-hole trick and pray that my pants didn't fall down while we were out today.

So, the tree! We went to a little Christmas tree farm about 10 miles from our house and had such a good time looking for our tree.  Mike grew up with real trees but this is the first time we've had one as a couple.  It was so fun and definitely a tradition I'd like to continue.  I'm paying for it now because I'm experiencing a lot of cramping but our our tree is beautiful.
 
I'm glad H has big muscles!

MIND THE GAP
Decorating our tree is one of my favorite parts of Christmas. Every ornament on our tree was a gift, is handmade or was purchased on one of our various trips. Every year we put on the Christmas classics like Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole and Frank Sinatra, I make a batch of mulled cider and we reminisce as we hang each ornament.  This year we had a few new ornaments from our trips to England and Leavenworth, WA,as well as an ornament we purchased last Christmas from our local zoo.  Oh, and I can't forget the awesome World Series Champions ornament!





The finished product!

It was a fun day full of Christmas cheer and the house smells wonderful.  Tomorrow we might tackle the exterior lights or I guess I should say Mike will tackle the exterior lights and I will most likely be on the couch with my heating pad.

4 comments:

  1. We chopped down our tree yesterday too! I hope you are able to get your fert. report today, the waiting is so hard. Enjoy you day of laying around with the heating pad, those embryos need a nice cozy place to come home to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tree :) Very pretty!!!

    Looking forward to your Fert Report!! GL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree is so pretty!! I'm glad your ER went well, and I can't wait for you to post the report!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!