I had to drive to my clinic to get my blood checked today and afterward a friend and I went to lunch and to the mall for a little retail therapy. I haven't been to a mall in at least a year (shocking, right?) and I was able to finish up my Christmas shopping for Mike. I even got him a few extra things and treated myself to a couple new sweaters, a bottle of Winter Candy Apple lotion from Bath & Body Works (yum!) and a new pair of slippers. I'm exhausted now but was very happily surprised when arrived home to a little package from C from Waiting and Wishing Thank you so much, Christi! I love the socks, the book mark and your sweet note! The support that I've received during my IVF journey thus far has been absolutely amazing. Thank you, everyone.
Nov 17, 2011
Retail Therapy.
After my shots last night I was ready to take back everything I said about the injections not hurting and the Menopur not burning. Last night's injections were rough, really rough. I felt the needle catch, followed by a pop, extreme burning, bleeding and bruising. Thankfully, this morning went much more smoothly. I've found that it is much less painful when I grit my teeth and just jab the needle in as opposed putting it in gingerly but the Menopur still burns like a bitch, there's no stopping that. My poor abdomen is already tender and sore and it hurts for Figaro to lay on me now. I have a feeling this is going to get much, much worse before it gets better.
I had to drive to my clinic to get my blood checked today and afterward a friend and I went to lunch and to the mall for a little retail therapy. I haven't been to a mall in at least a year (shocking, right?) and I was able to finish up my Christmas shopping for Mike. I even got him a few extra things and treated myself to a couple new sweaters, a bottle of Winter Candy Apple lotion from Bath & Body Works (yum!) and a new pair of slippers. I'm exhausted now but was very happily surprised when arrived home to a little package from C from Waiting and Wishing Thank you so much, Christi! I love the socks, the book mark and your sweet note! The support that I've received during my IVF journey thus far has been absolutely amazing. Thank you, everyone.
I had to drive to my clinic to get my blood checked today and afterward a friend and I went to lunch and to the mall for a little retail therapy. I haven't been to a mall in at least a year (shocking, right?) and I was able to finish up my Christmas shopping for Mike. I even got him a few extra things and treated myself to a couple new sweaters, a bottle of Winter Candy Apple lotion from Bath & Body Works (yum!) and a new pair of slippers. I'm exhausted now but was very happily surprised when arrived home to a little package from C from Waiting and Wishing Thank you so much, Christi! I love the socks, the book mark and your sweet note! The support that I've received during my IVF journey thus far has been absolutely amazing. Thank you, everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Holy cow, that got there so quick! I have found the same thing to be true about those needles- its best just to jab them in! Sorry the men.opur is stinging so much. Our nurse suggested letting it sit for a couple of minutes before injecting it (but still withing the 15 minute window) because it lessens the sting a bit. Maybe that would help?
ReplyDeleteHang in there with the shots. I have some good days with them and some bad. I noticed it helps a little with the stinging if I push a little in at a time and stop for a few seconds. Doctor also suggested putting a little extra liquid in, help dilute somewhat.
ReplyDeleteI am addicted to Bath & Body Works, havent tried the winter candy apple though.. sounds wonderful.
Good luck!