After my blood draw yesterday, H and I went to the commissary. Mike generally has no patience for rude and stupid people but yesterday was particularly bad since he had just come home from the field and he was easily agitated. I am a raging hormonal mess. It was not the ideal time to be grocery shopping.
So even though we're having a vegetarian/vegan Thanksgiving I thought it'd be nice to grab a cheese ball for Mike to enjoy since he's not too big on the vegan cheeses my sister-in-law makes. I told him that we needed Rit_z crackers to go along with the cheese and so he pointed them out on the lowest shelf. Without even taking the time to consider how irrational this would sound I puffed out my bottom lip and said, "But I want the SNOWFlAKE Rit.z crackers!!! "Because, you know, there's a HUGE difference in how they taste. :pout: Mike rolled his eyes, smiled to himself and we went out to the warehouse where they keep all the seasonal stuff. Guess what? No snowflake crackers.
I had finally accepted that I would be having plain, boring Rit.z crackers on Thanksgiving and I had move on to look for some sparkling cider for SIL and I. When I turned around I saw my knight in shining armor standing there, holding a box of Snowflake Rit.z crackers. He loves me.
P.S. I ate half the cheese ball on the way to doctor's appointment #2 last night and yes, those damn snowflake crackers were delicious.
Men don't understand that shaped food tastes better.
ReplyDeleteExamples:
Macaroni and cheese
Holiday shaped Reese cups
:)
Please check out my blog, I gave you an award!
ReplyDelete