Dec 16, 2011

5 Weeks.

5 Weeks
Symptoms:  Mostly fatigue--I'm tired all the time.  I'm still crampy every now and then but not nearly as much as last week. My breasts also feel really heavy and tender. Oh and hunger. It seems like I'm hungry all.the.time. People keep saying "I think there's multiples in there!" which is making me feel huge. Not quite sure how I'm supposed to take comments like that...
Total weight gain/loss: +4 pounds since the beginning of my IVF.
Maternity clothes? Still just the BeBand from Tar.get.
Sleep:  I'm finally sleeping more soundly, only getting up 3 or 4 times a night to pee. Thankfully I'm able to go to sleep right after now! Maybe the insomnia is going away?

Best moment this week: Mike seeing my t-shirt a little more stretched than usual last night and me catching him smiling at my belly. Oh and finding out that SIL's IVF worked too and she's due two days after me. Partners in crime! Lastly, (because apparently I can't choose just one best moment!) my doctor just called with Beta #2 results. "Normal" doubling time would have put me around 2000.  Mine was 4009. =)
Movement:   It's way too early. 
Food cravings:  Nothing specific. Everything tastes so.damn.good.
Gender:  Too early.
Labor Signs:  Nope.
Belly Button in or out?  In.
What I miss:  Having energy to do stuff.
What I am looking forward to: Seeing our baby(ies) heartbeat(s) at our first ultrasound on 12/30.
Next Appointment: Next Wednesday for Beta #3
Weekly Wisdom:  There is no preparing for how tired pregnancy will make you.
Milestones: I'm still riding the "Holy crap, I'm pregnant!" high.
"I think there's something there that wasn't there before...."


This week has been a rough week. On Wednesday the identities of the four pilots were announced and Mike's spent the past two days out at the crash site. The Memorial Service is scheduled for Monday at 1400. I have no idea how I'm going to make it through it but I know I need to be there to show my respects as well as to support my husband. Keep sending some good thoughts in the direction of the Pacific Northwest, I know they'd be much appreciated by everyone affected by this tragedy.

I have been thinking a lot about this blog and the direction it is going to take from here on out since This Space is no longer For Rent.   I've been blogging about infertility for so long that I'm almost at a loss as to what to write about now. I highly doubt that you all want to read about every.single.day. of my pregnancy and I know that I've probably lost a few followers due to my pregnancy and that's okay because I totally understand the need for self-preservation. I'm still at the awkward stage where I'm not sure where I belong:  I want to jump for joy, start buying baby things and leave all the infertility woes behind me. But I'm scared. I had a horrible dream about the "m" word last night and woke up completely freaked out. Then there's all the guilt that goes along with beating infertility. Don't get me wrong, I know that I still have a very long way to go before I win the war but just getting a positive pregnancy test is winning part of the battle and I know there are many women who have not made it to this point yet. Women who are still hurting. If you're one of those women I want you to know that I'm still thinking of you. I haven't forgotten your pain and I hate that you're still going through this. I wrote this post in August and I am still trying really hard not to be "that girl."

11 comments:

  1. How exciting about having pregnancy with SIL! Amazing numbers also, maybe twins. Cherish every moment of your new life:-) it gives me hope seeing fellow ifers move to next stage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still ridiculously happy for you and I can't wait to see how this journey goes for you and I wish you ONLY the BEST :D

    I also can't wait to hear about your u/s!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific numbers!! Congratulations again! and I am happy to read SIL is going to be your partner in crime! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think of getting pregnant as a lottery prize. Some women don't need to even buy a ticket because they are rich already, (hello 16 and pregnant, they've got so many babies they don't know what to do with them)other women have to buy several thousands of dollars worth of chances and never win, so they play a different game altogether (adoption or childfree). Others are new to the game and buy a few chances (IUI's, clomid rounds, etc.) and others pay a little more (IVF, multiple times sometimes). You happened to hit the jackpot. It's not your fault, it's not a bad thing that you won. People that aren't winning may be mad, or hurt, but their "number" didn't come up. You paid your dues, not at the expense of anyone else either. I have been reading your blog for a short time, but I have no doubt that you will NOT be one of those people that flaunt a pregnancy, at the expense of others. Something good is happening in your life and you should get to share it. And after all, those babies (im going with twins), only signed a 9 month lease!

    Sorry if that analogy got a little stretched, it's late and I'm not very coherent right now :)

    Praying for those that lost their lives in the accident this past week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just going to keep whispering in your ear that it is okay to be joyful, it is okay to celebrate, it is okay to immerse yourself in pregnancy bliss.

    You won't forget. I promise. After two healthy babies and a hectic life as a mom (which was my dream), I still don't forget my infertility journey or my two losses.

    You will find yourself in a new place with your feelings toward infertility. Time does heal and you definitely won't feel the depths of the darkness that IF brings. But you won't lose the perspective that you most certainly gained from your experience. You will still be a comfort to others. When friends go through infertility and treatments in the future, you will be much more in tune with them and know more what to say or do (or what not to say or do). If you have a newborn or two you will understand if they distance themselves and will welcome them back with open arms when they are ready. You are still part of the community. You are just an alumni - not "in the mix" but a lucky and happy graduate who won't forget the important things you learned.

    I think you should keep writing. You are right that you might lose some followers, but you understand and expected that. But I'm sure there are more people who are excited to see your pregnancy journey and life as a new mom. I am!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your sweater!!!

    I am going to blog and being pregnant and you should too! There are a bunch of us infertiles that are all pregnant together and it's fun to keep up with everyone.

    During my infertility I have cheered on so many friends who have gotten pregnant. It's finally my turn and I'm not going to feel guilty. You should do the same! We worked hard to get to this point!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grow, baby/ies, grow! How exciting that your SIL's IVF also worked- what fun it will be to have cousins close in age!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you won't jump for joy..I will do it for you. You and Mike worked very hard to finally get pregnant. I can't wait to see the baby bump grow and find out if it's twins. <3 you guys

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy for you guys! And the fact that your SIL is pregnant too is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad that you and your SIL get to do this together! How exciting! I've also been wondering if you have two--can't wait to find out :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am completely happy for you & i would follow your pregnancy LOL :) I do not feel like you have left me behind your wisdom on infertility and now also pregnancy will be helpful as it has been in the past!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!