Dec 24, 2011

6 Weeks...a Day Late

This week has been crazy. The Memorial Service for our fallen aviators was on Monday and man that was tough. The hardest part of the entire service (for me) was to hear Mr. Sig.frid's friend recall how happy he was to show the ultrasound photo to everyone at work. Mr. Sig.frid and his wife are expecting their first baby thanks to the miracle of IVF. She's a few months pregnant and now she has to go through everything without her husband. It just really hit very close to home for me and was hard to get through. I just imagine the pain the families are feeling right now, but especially Mrs. Sig.frid. So sad. =( It was a very nice service though--standing room only, bag pipes, 21 gun salute and taps. I hope that it helped begin the healing process for all of those affected.

This week has also been a symptom week from hell.  If the non-pregnant Megan could see the pregnant Megan, I'm pretty sure she'd slap her for complaining already. On Tuesday I could barely move because I had constipation and horrendous gas pains (I blame the veggie burger from BK that I had Monday after the memorial service.)  I couldn't stand upright, I couldn't eat, I couldn't even touch my stomach because it was so sore and full of gas that just wouldn't come out. It.was.horrible. and I was so, so scared that something was wrong. I even went as far as looking into signs of ectopic.pregnancies because I was in so much pain. By Wednesday it had let up somewhat, which was good since we had to drive to the clinic to get my third Beta.  I was praying for high numbers and that's what I got. I didn't get the exact number because the doctor distracted me by saying, "It might be twins!"  Now obviously I know that there's not way to estimate how many are in there based on blood tests but I'm feeling optimistic.



Symptoms:  Gas. Constipation. Fatigue. Oh and I threw up brushing my teeth on Thursday. Fun.
Total weight gain/loss: +2 pounds since the beginning of my IVF.
Maternity clothes? Still just the BeBand from Tar.get.
Sleep:  This week was rough because of all the uncomfortable gas pains, but it's getting better.
Best moment this week: Opening boxes from various relatives with presents inside for "Baby H....."
Movement:   It's way too early. 
Food cravings:  I craved pizza on Thursday again. When it got here I could only eat a piece. I think the baby(ies) forgot how much they like pizza. Nothing really sounds or tastes good right now.
Gender:  Too early.
Labor Signs:  Nope.
Belly Button in or out?  In.
What I miss:  Sleeping a solid 8 hours.
What I am looking forward to: Seeing our baby(ies) heartbeat(s) at our first ultrasound on 12/30.
Next Appointment: See above.
Weekly Wisdom:  Drink lots and lots of water. Don't skip a day of drinking enough water or there may be dire consequences. 
Milestones: Getting great betas.



I hope all of you have a wonderful and blessed Christmas. I know there are many out there who have recently suffered losses or who are still struggling with infertility. My heart goes out to all of you. I remember crying myself to sleep last Christmas because of the emptiness I felt in my heart. ((HUGS)) to all of you. I'm also thinking of all my fellow military spouses who are without their loved ones this Christmas.  I've been in your shoes a few times and I know how much you (and your spouse!) are sacrificing this year so that we can all celebrate Christmas in the warmth and comfort of our homes. Thank you so much. I hope next Christmas brings you lots of memories and togetherness! Merry Christmas, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I bet you are crazy excited for Friday! I'm sooo looking forward to hearing about your appt! You better update asap since I'm going to be stalking your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!