Dec 5, 2011

Just Call Me Eeyore

Today is 5dp5dt. I hope that cramping is a good sign because I am having an incessant amount of AF-type cramps, back pain included. My breasts are still very tender and I'm still feeling very fatigued and lazy.  Unfortunately, all of these symptoms are probably from the progesterone I am injecting in my bottom every night. There's no way to tell if they're due to pregnancy. Last night's PIO injection was on my left side and amazingly it didn't feel like "Something jumped up and bit me!"  I hope the shots on left side continue to improve. Luckily I haven't needed the heating pad as much lately, which has been great! 
What's not so great are my emotions.  The past two days I have felt a little like Eeyore with a rain cloud hanging over my head. I don't know if it's the hormones getting the best of me or what but I'm just so damn scared this cycle is a failure. My body has failed me for the past 36 months, why should this month be any different? This feeling is exactly what I was worried about when I first started this IVF. I have no idea how to make it better.

Temporary fix: greasy pizza. All I had to do was tell Mike, "Beaker and Bunsen are hungry."  (B/t/w...that's what we've been calling our embies for the last few days. We thought it was fitting considering their start at life) and he said, "What do I need to pick up?"  Love.that.man.

6 comments:

  1. ::huge hugs and prayers for you::

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS part of waiting is SO hard! I had LOTS of cramping before my BFP so this could be a good sign :) I also said ALL my symptoms were progesterone till I was 7 weeks along! That was to protect myself from getting hurt! I will be praying for you :) BEST of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the award! I will do it tomorrow. I'm sorry you're feeling this way, though I think it's totally normal. That said, I have really high hopes for you, Beaker, and Bunsen =) I think the cramping is a great sign. I definitely had a ton myself...scary, but still a positive! Keeping everything crossed for you. Big hugs~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can it not work with adorable embaby names like that! I am praying and hoping for you! I know it's to think positive since you're playing a waiting game, but you have a bunch of people sending good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, I hate going down the I-hate-my-body-it-sucks spiral. I am truly hoping so, so badly that Beaker and Bunsen are hanging on for dear life, burrowing in nice and snuggly.

    FX!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!