I can finally say, "Tomorrow is the day!" Our first ultrasound is at 0830 tomorrow and I am so nervous/excited. I am excited to find out how many we have in there but more than that I am excited to find out that we have a healthy baby growing in there and to hopefully hear/see the heartbeat.
I haven't been feeling many symptoms but one that is persistent is definitely the exhaustion. I had doubts as to whether Christmas dinner was even going to be made because SIL and I spent the afternoon snoozing on the couch. I didn't even get dressed this year--Okay, I did get dressed but just in clean pajamas. I have been so flipping tired and last night I even broke the Cardinal Rule of, "Thou shalt not fall asleep during a Harry Potter Marathon!" ::gasp:: I just couldn't keep my eyes open anymore so I took a little nap and then we finished the movie later.
It's hard to believe 2011 is coming to a close. SO much has happened this year and it's just totally flown by so I thought I'd take a few minutes to reflect on the ups and downs of this past year.
I haven't been feeling many symptoms but one that is persistent is definitely the exhaustion. I had doubts as to whether Christmas dinner was even going to be made because SIL and I spent the afternoon snoozing on the couch. I didn't even get dressed this year--Okay, I did get dressed but just in clean pajamas. I have been so flipping tired and last night I even broke the Cardinal Rule of, "Thou shalt not fall asleep during a Harry Potter Marathon!" ::gasp:: I just couldn't keep my eyes open anymore so I took a little nap and then we finished the movie later.
It's hard to believe 2011 is coming to a close. SO much has happened this year and it's just totally flown by so I thought I'd take a few minutes to reflect on the ups and downs of this past year.
1. What did you do in 2011 you never did before?
IUI/Surgery/IVF
Watched the entire World Series from start to finish (Go Cards!)
Cut down a Christmas tree
Went to a professional soccer match
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Last year I made the promise to myself that I was going to try to get rid of negativity in my life. I succeeded somewhat by eliminating a few things (and people) from my life.
For 2012:
To take excellent care of myself so that I can have a healthy pregnancy and L&D3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my sister had my beautiful niece, Charlotte, in October!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. We recently lost four pilots in a training accident but they weren't close to me.
5. What countries did you visit?
England
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A successful pregnancy, more patience (hello annoying customers!) and the ability to just slow down and take it easy without feeling guilty.
7. What dates from 2011 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
May 25--the day we left for the UKAugust 27--the day of my laparoscopy
November 25--the day of my egg retreival
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finally getting pregnant. Hands down. 9. What was your biggest failure?
Hmm, I'm not sure that I really failed at anything this year other than our four IUIs. 10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Infertility but other than that I've been very healthy.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Tickets to the UK, my Kindle, my embroidery machine and a round of IVF
12. Where did most of your money go?
Fertility treatments and a trip to England
13. What did you get really excited about?
Our trip to the UK, the birth of Charlotte and finding out that I was finally pregnant.
14. What songs will always remind you of 2011?Party Rock Anthem-- LMFAO. Hands down.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or Sadder: Happier
Thinner or Fatter: Fatter. My weight has been fluctuating this year because of all the damn drugs I've been on.
Richer or poorer: Probably a little poorer just because of all the infertility treatments we've done.
16. What do you wish you'd done more of:
Exercise, hiking, walks with the dogs, just get out of the house more.
17. What do you wish you had done less of:
Stressing, crying
18. How did you spend Christmas?
My brother and SIL drove down from Seattle and spent a few days with us. It was fun!
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Parenthood
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
The Hunger Games Trilogy21. What was your favorite music from this year?
LMFAO and Adele
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 and The Muppets
23. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
Gosh, how sad is it that I can't even remember what I did on my birthday this year? I was 27 though.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being debt free and not having to go through all the infertility struggles we went through.
25. What kept you sane?
Mike, my fur-kids and the support and love of my family.
26. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
That it is possible to see the light again, no matter how dark and twisty of place you're in. Things do get better and dreams are worth fighting for. Happy New Year's, dear readers!
I can't wait to hear the big news tomorrow! I still have to wait another whole WEEK!
ReplyDeleteHope all goes well with your ultrasound! I loved reading the 2011 recap. My Beta and ultrasound is scheduled for Jan. 3rd. I could have got the beta sooner but I just couldn't fit it in, my RE's office is almost an hour away from my house.
ReplyDeleteYou have a baby bump too! I'm all bloated as well. Praying all goes fine with you!
So excited for you!! Cant wait to hear the news!
ReplyDeleteI am SO excited about your ultrasound tomorrow! I hope it goes well!
ReplyDeleteGood luck tomorrow, Megan!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to find out if there's going to be a baby or babies :) super excited for you two.
ReplyDeleteIm hoping you had a great day today!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm dying here!! I am soo excited to hear the great news!
ReplyDeleteI also loved the Hunger Games! And Disney, Harry Potter, the Muppets, etc. I swear I'm 32 years old, though I don't sound like it! My husband's name is also Mike and we also went on a Europe trip this year (Germany/Austria/Italy). I'm so glad I found your blog!
ReplyDelete