Drum roll please.......

| One beautiful baby. I think "she" looks just like me, don't you? It was amazing. I just stared at the screen and smiled. The "whoosh whoosh" sound of our baby's heartbeat was the sweetest sound ever. Mike was all smiles, it was super cute. I joked and said that the baby resembles The Great Gonzo--it looks just like his nose toward the top! Haha. I'm measuring 6w6d, so a day behind, and the heart rate was 140bpm. It was bittersweet to find out that only one of our embryos made it--I was honestly surprised and now I feel SUPER fluffy knowing there's only one in there. I immediately started thinking of all the positive things of a singleton pregnancy to keep my mind off the fact that only one stuck-I'll be more likely to be able to use a midwife and have a natural delivery, breastfeeding one baby will be much easier than two, baby wearing will be much more doable, only one set of diapers to change and most importantly when Mike is in the field, at school or deployed I will only have one baby to care for by myself. I keep referring to the baby as a she, partly to drive Mike nuts and partly because it's always been my dream to have a house full of girls (Like in Little Women!). Obviously I will love the baby no matter when gender he or she is but I am hoping for a girl. We will have another ultrasound at 9 weeks and I expect I'll be graduating from my RE shortly after. It finally feels real and I finally feel like I can get excited. A huge weight has been lifted off my chest though I know I will still find something to worry about in the next 8 months.... ![]() |
| Shopping for pants that actually fit! |
How big is baby? The size of a blueberry!
Symptoms: Lots and lots of gas. Nausea hits me in waves and I'm still super tired.
Total weight gain/loss: I'm not sure--our scale is acting weird.
Maternity clothes? Yes, I broke down and bought some maternity pants and a few shirts today. I know it's early but I'm fairly certain that most pregnant women do not start out this bloated. (Thanks IVF meds!)
Sleep: This week has actually been pretty good for the most part but I've needed a nap almost every day.
Best moment this week: Hearing the sweet little "whoosh whoosh" of the heartbeat at our first ultrasound and seeing our baby for the first time.
Movement: It's way too early.
Food cravings: I woke up craving queso the other day so I had some at 10:30 in the morning. I could barely eat any of it before it didn't taste good anymore. Oh and Mike brought me some more greasy Costco pizza.
Gender: Too early.
Labor Signs: Nope.
Belly Button in or out? In.
What I miss: Being able to eat whenever I want. Most of the time nothing sounds good but when I do feel like eating, food tastes so.damn.good.
What I am looking forward to: My next ultrasound on 1/13 at 9 weeks.
Next Appointment: Next Friday for another blood draw to check my progesterone and estradiol.
Weekly Wisdom: Drink lots and lots of water. Don't skip a day of drinking enough water or there may be dire consequences.
Milestones: Seeing and hearing a heartbeat, learning that this is a viable pregnancy.

Yay!!!! I've checked my reader approximately one million times today to see how your ultrasound went- soooo happy to hear everything turned out well!
ReplyDeleteoh she is so beautiful! congrats momma!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you! I started wearing maternity clothes immediately as well! I had waited to long for the super comfy pants!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! What a great way to start the new year. I always wanted twins too until I finally got pregnant and realized how scary and difficult it is with just one!
ReplyDeleteSOOO Exciting!!! I felt SOOO bloated in the beginning as too- dang drugs- once your ovaries heal you will feel MUCH better! :) Such a blessing!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! I am so happy for you and Mike! "She" is absolutely adorable =)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! How exciting!
ReplyDeleteI'm so thrilled for you Megan! I have read your blog off and on as we have been going through infertility as well. I can only imagine the depth of excitement you and your husband are feeling! Hope you have a wonderful pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteI was really sad that only one of ours "took" as well.. I think you just get so attached to both, you know?! And I thought after our long IF journey, having 2 would just be such a beautiful double blessing. I got over it and felt grateful for our one, and recently a gf who was preggo with twins gave birth VERY early and the twins were VERY small and sick, and it made me even more grateful that I have just one. Plus when the morning sickness hit, I couldn't imagine it being doubled lol! You are an adorable preggo! I'm glad you found my blog, I'm addicted to purusing yours now! :)
ReplyDelete