Dec 4, 2011

My Humps

Okay, you know that Black.Eyed.Peas song where she's talking about her lovely lady lumps? Well, I'm pretty sure those lumps have been transported....to my ass.  Seriously--the PIO is kicking my butt, quite literally.  The right side isn't too bad--I hardly feel a thing during the injection, but my left side is terrible painful, causing me to jump and tense up which only makes the entire injection all the worse.   The stupid injection two nights ago made me cry, which left me feeling miserably pathetic and DH feeling like the biggest a-hole in the world.  After each shot, DH is massaging the area for 5 minutes and I spend the rest of the evening with my best friend, the heating pad. I don't know what else to do to make shots on the left side more bearable. Is there anyone out there who can offer some suggestions or is this something I'm just going to have to deal with, like everything else IVF related?

Eye on the prize, eye on the prize.

3 comments:

  1. The nurse at my clinic recommended putting the vial in hot water for about 5-10 minutes prior to the shot. It heats up the oil and makes it move faster. This, in turn, makes it draw up into the syringe more quickly and go out of the syringe more quickly as well. Maybe this would help?? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IMs hurt more on my left side too. I don't know much about PIO (I've never done it) but, for other IMs the tricks I've learned are pointing your toes toward eachother and taking most of your weight off the injection side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you are having such a hard time it sounds miserable. Hoping it gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!