Jul 10, 2011

Operation: Procreation??

So I've been thinking these last few days about how we will come up with the money for IVF. I already have a business making military items but I was thinking about opening an Etsy shop with pre-made items geared specifically toward infertility survivors. Onesies with sayings such as, "i was worth the wait" and "Mom and Dad spent my college fund making me!" I might even be able to make adult shirts, I don't know. Everything would be pre-made so that it wouldn't take too much time away from ACUnique.

I think it could be successful. I mean, I would rather buy a shirt like this from a fellow IFer than Cafe Press or something like that. Even if it only does moderately well, some money is better than no money, right? Of course this would totally suck if I never end up pregnant but I'm trying not to think like that. So...I need your help. I need ideas for a shop name. Operation: Procreation is a possibility but I'm open to suggestions. Also, give me your cutest ideas for onesie sayings!

Here are some I found while surfing the web:
  • I was worth the wait
  • Mom and Dad spent my college fund making me
  • Frosty Baby
  • Maternity shirt with "FINALLY!" on the belly area
  • You think I'm cute now? You should have seen me as an EMBRYO
  • I am Mommy's Dream come true
  • Mommy & Daddy's little miracle
  • Fertility drugs rock!
  • I'm a miracle!
  • ICSIBABY
  • I'm a work of A.R.T.
  • My parents did IVF and now all they can afford is this lousy t-shirt
  • I'm proof that miracles do happen
  • I'm a Rainbow Baby
  • Second Mortgage

5 comments:

  1. That's a great idea! I'd be interested in (rather buy from you to help support than cafe press) the I'm a rainbow baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I love the "Finally" Idea, I'd buy them in 5 sizes just to span a pregnancy. Of course I love all the miracle & dream come true ones. :) Awww...so exciting. I hope one day I could use these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is a great idea. I have been looking these onesies on cafe press and would much rather buy from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! I would totally buy from you =) I saw an "I was worth the wait" onesie a little while ago and promised myself that if I ever got the chance, I would buy them in bulk! Good luck with this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea! You should do one that says something like iCSI: Uterus, playing on the whole CSI thing. I'd definitely be interested in a Worth the Wait or Rainbow Baby onesie should I ever get the chance to be putting someone in onesies again.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!