Jul 21, 2011

Cue Nervous Breakdown

About 15 minutes ago my door bell rang and I have been sobbing ever since. The tears that wouldn't come for the last two days finally came and now they won't stop. What prompted this breakdown?

My friend who got her surprise/miracle BFP yesterday sent me these beautiful flowers.  Before the doorbell even rang I had a feeling they were from her.  I sat the bouquet on the table and read the card, "To Megan. Love, A." That's all it needed to say. In those four words, I knew everything she was saying to me.  Most women don't now how much a pregnancy announcement hurts when you're infertile, but she does. She has been in my shoes and she knows how broken my heart is right now. I know she knows I'm happy for her but that I am also grieving.  In the time she should be jumping for joy with happiness, she took the time to think of me in my sorrow. Just goes to show what a wonderful person and friend she truly is.
I fell down on my stairs and began to sob uncontrollably.  In that moment, infertility won.  Hell, infertility has defeated me this entire week. I wanted to call someone, to be comforted, to not feel so broken but I had no one I could call. No one in my real life understands what this is like. Tomorrow is a new day and I can only hope that it is better but I have little faith that it will be as I've started cramping already.

If there was ever a time to say this, it's now: "FUCK YOU INFERTILITY!!!,

2 comments:

  1. Those are gorgeous & you truly have a beautiful friend! I'm really glad you have her in your life. I hope your BFP comes very very soon! I know she'll be cheering the loudest(besides you):)

    I hope tomorrow brings sunshine & smiles. I know at least a few will come when you look at these in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful friend.. Those r beautiful! Praying that you have better days ahead of u. And yes I totally agree.. Fuck u infertility!!! Ugh.. Friends likely friend are truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!