AF officially arrived yesterday at 15dpiui and it's safe to say IUI #3 was a failure. Now I have surgery to look forward to. I need to call the clinic and schedule it but I don't expect them to be able to see me anytime soon.
Mike opened to me this weekend, in his own way, and it was wonderful. I won't go into details but he is supportive of my decision to seek out a second opinion at the clinic in Olympia. I'm not even sure if they're accept new patients but my first step will be to see my PCM about a referral and I have an appointment tomorrow at 1030! I think he's mostly worried about having to start from square one with all the testing and I hope that isn't the case. I want to check out the doctor, see if we'd be comfortable at his office and go from there. I've read a lot of good things about him. He personally calls his patients with all their results, only takes vacation once a year, is available all hours of the night for L&D, and truly gets invested in his patients. It is kind of mind boggling to think about seeing the same doctor at every appointment and to be doing an IVF cycle in a matter of months rather than a year is pretty exciting as well. He gives a 50% military discount so we could do two IVF cycles with him for the price of one at Madigan. There are even more discounts if you donate your extra embryos to his research but I am not sure how I feel about that. I do know one thing--it will be really nice to be seen as an individual patient and not just another part of the baby making assembly line.
I'm really sorry about the BFN. I hope the new clinic works out. Fingers crossed for you!
ReplyDelete