May 11, 2012

More Nusery Crafting

I made a framed fabric collage for the wall in the nursery using scrap fabric and thrift store frames. I love the way it came out! I'm not really doing a themed nursery but I am using a few accents from my favorite fairy tale, Peter Pan. Not just the Disney version but the actual story by J.M. Barrie--it's always had a special place in my heart and I've always wanted to use this story for inspiration in my nursery, whether we had a boy or a girl. 


Thrift Store Finds!
Painting and Priming...
I glued safety pins on the back so I had a way to hang them on the wall.
Print from Etsy

Hmmm...need more frames.

The pink sign is also from Etsy and it says, "You that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you Peter Pan, that's where I'll be waiting." -Tinker Bell


Fabric Collage Complete <3 The H is for our last name, not her first, since we won't name her until we meet her.

Quilted Pinwheel Pillow I made last week




While Mike was in the field I decided to start a baby quilt. The only problem was that I didn't want to be chained to my sewing machine for the next several weeks so I decided to attempt a hand pieced quilt. I wasn't sure I'd have the patience for it (I've only ever machine quilted)  but I've found that I really enjoy it! Again, I went through my fabric scraps and cut out enough 3x3 inch squares to make into twenty 9 Patch Blocks. It was a slow start and my first block took me nearly an hour to complete!




About two weeks later I finally finished all twenty blocks!



I've started to piece the top together but it will take awhile. I'm sewing multiple larger pieces together, making sashing, lining up points, etc. I will be sure to post a picture of the quilt top when it's finished! I think I may take the hand sewing all the way and am seriously considering quilting it by hand too! It's so nice to sit in the sunshine and work on something for my baby girl. <3

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love the collage and quilt! And Peter Pan?! Perfect! I wish I had half of your craftiness :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!