May 16, 2012
Fighting the Fear
I won't lie--I'm scared of the pain that will inevitably come with natural labor and delivery. I have always combated extreme menstrual cramps and some of the procedures I had during my infertility journey were down right painful and I hope I never have to repeat. Yes, labor will hurt. A lot. But I have been assured by many different woman that the pain experienced
during child birth is so unlike anything else that I will be in a
completely different mindset. Through my reading I've learned that fear can only increase the pain I
experience so I have been trying to read positive natural birth stories
and watch videos such as this. I'm also registered for a natural child birth class with a doula who is kind of famous amongst natural birthers in the area. I'm just waiting to receive confirmation for the dates that I selected.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am
ReplyDeletea) taking a natural childbirth class
and
b) hypnobirthing
And hoping for the best ;-)
I attended a homebirth of a friend of mine who used hypnobirthing and her birth was very peaceful and while not pain free, there def wasn't any screaming and honestly was one of the most beautiful things I've ever been a part of. I cried, lol. So, I try to keep that image in my mind and am hoping for a similar birth experience!