Sep 6, 2011

Back to "Normal?"

I have the house to myself this morning for the first time since my in-laws invaded on 17 August for Mike's 30th birthday. It's been a whirl wind these past two weeks and I think life will finally get back to "normal" for us.

I'm going back to work today and I spent the morning answering e-mails and sending invoices. I now have over 90 people on my waiting list and I'm still working on order submissions from June--yikes!  Mike's taking some classes this week to be his unit's Equal Opportunity rep.  His WOCS packet is due on the 15th of September and he still has a few things to do. I'm stressing for him but you know how men are--if I even bring it up he accuses me of micromanaging and gets all pissy so I just have to keep my mouth shut.

For now, I'm enjoying having the house to myself. Luckily, I don't have too much to do since my mom kept my house pretty clean while she was here. It is supposed to be really hot here this week. Well, hot for the pacific northwest. I know all of you southerners/mid-westerners are going to hate me for talking about an 80+ degree heat wave but that is scorching hot for here, especially since most people out here don't have air conditioning. It will easily be 85 degrees in our room when we go to bed tonight.
 
I'm feeling better, but definitely not 100%. I was in a lot of pain on Sunday night after I stupidly went out in a kayak with Mike and then later played ping pong. Oxy was my friend that night.  My right side is fine, my incision is a little tender, but I'm not having any pain. My left side is a different story. I feel better each day but I still have a LOT of residual bruising coming out and it still hurts to bend or walk too fast. Perhaps this is why:

None of this burising showed up until about a week after surgery and now it seems like more and more appears each day. My left side is where he found a substantial amount of endometriosis and was able to remove most of it.  I have always bruised really easily but the amount of residual bruising after surgery has really surprised me. I can't wait until I feel myself again.  Dr. C. told Mike and I that we could start trying again as soon as I feel up to it but sex is still the last thing on my mind. Hell, I'd love to have a normal and pain-free trip to the bathroom right now! Thankfully, no other alien parts have been found anywhere. Whew.

I hope all my readers had a wonderful long weekend. For the second year in a row, Mike and I made the two hour trek north to Lake Cavanaugh to my SIL's mom's house. It's basically a camp ground with an indoor pool and theater room. Poor Mike--I married such a great guy. I still can't really carry anything (just carrying my cup of tea with my left arm still hurts) and he pitched our tent all by himself. The tent I didn't even sleep in. I had every intention of sleeping outside, snuggled in the covers with Mike and our dogs, but it didn't happen. The first hurdle was the sound of snoring coming from my brother's tent next to ours. The second hurdle was my pain and the fact that it was freezing, which made me tense up and hurt even more. All his hard work for nothing! 

We had a great weekend though. We won't talk about the way the Irish played in their first game but it was nice to sit in first class air line seats for the second year in a row and watch the game in the theater room! 
 Zero and Bailey had a lot of fun chasing the chipmunks all weekend. There was tons of good food and lot of relaxing. It was great to spend a few more days with my mom too and it's always fun to hang out with my brother and sister-in-law. This is pretty much what I did all weekend. It's beautiful there, isn't it? The lake is just on the other side of the trees. On Saturday evening a very intense water fight broke out between the little kids and the big kids, but it was mostly the big kids. The pictures I caught are hilarious!
How I Spent My Weekend

"Oh please, oh pleeease be my prisoner!"

He's just a little intense.

Boys will be boys.
Mike and I enjoying the lake

I spent a lot of time in the hammock too.

 
Me, my mom and my brother
On our drive home last night Mike asked me, "If we don't have to do IVF what would you want to....." and I responded with, "Go on another vacation!" He smiled and said, "Get out of my head, woman!" So Mike and I talked about where we'd like to go next. Whether we'd go somewhere in Europe or keep it simple and do something a little closer to home.  He and I decided that if I am able to get pregnant without IVF (fingers crossed!) that we will take a "Baby Moon" to Hawaii for a week OR a week at Walt Disney World, as long as my sister's family can go with us too. Because Disney World just wouldn't be the same without these two little princesses (and another on the way!)




I, being the crazy infertile woman that I am, have already planned Walt Disney World vacations that included my phantom baby. Character dining, parent swap, how we'd work around nap times and even what we'd have to pack in the back pack. I've always ventured on my delusions dreams by myself so it was really sweet to hear Mike talk about the future this way.  We talked about Baby Mooning to Disney World with my sister's family and how I could sit with Charlotte (ETA October 7) since I wouldn't be able to ride any big rides anyway.  Here's to hoping that these next few months will bring us luck, fertility and that we will get our family the old fashioned way. A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep. <3

1 comment:

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!