I recently read an article that said Chad Ochocinco and his fiance plan to do IVF after their married. What's their infertility diagnosis? There isn't one! They want to do in vitro so that they can conceive twin boys--and they actually found a doctor willing to do it for that reason! I guess money really does buy you anything.
The 35-year-old Evelyn says her reasons for wanting to do IVF have nothing to do with infertility. "You don’t have to necessarily have problems getting pregnant, sometimes people do in vitro just to make sure that they get the sex that they want to get," she says. "I don’t have any fertility issues. The doctor gave me a thorough check up and said everything was fine. But it's more to make sure that I'm guaranteed a boy."
Evelyn says IVF is the norm in Hollywood. "I highly doubt that J.Lo and Mariah Carey just had twins and that everybody's having twins out of nowhere," she says. "C'mon, everybody does that now. It's common in this world."
"We told the doctor we would love to have twin boys — or at least make sure that we have a boy," she says, "and he was like, 'Hey, no problem!' {Laughs}
Does anyone else see an issue with this?
#1 They're not infertile. They have no real medical need for in vitro fertilization. Remember my blog about people who take away valuable appointment time from real infertile couples? Although, I'm sure it doesn't matter with the amount of money that you most likely have to pay to be seen at their clinic.
#2 They ONLY want twin boys. Not one boy. Not a boy and a girl. Just boys.
#3 The doctor's motto must be, "Show me the money!"
#4 This lady seriously belongs on the Gender Selection boards on Baby Gaga . Fellow Bumpies understand why.
First of all, who the hell is this woman? If she was on Basketball Wives then why is she engaged to a NFL player? Secondly, she makes IVF sound like a walk in the park. Either she really is an idiot or her infertility clinic ran out of informational brochures. I'm guess it's the first one.
From what I understand, gender selection isn't all that easy either. There is a process that allows doctors to separate male and female sperm but more often a technology called PGD is used. Preimplantation genetic diagnosis is a controversial procedure that allows embryos to be tested for certain genetic disorders prior to being placed back in the uterus. This procedure also allows doctors to test the embryos' gender identity. This test is controversial because embryos that test positive for genetic disorders are not transferred, but rather destroyed. In the case of Ochocinco, embryos would not be discarded because of serious, life-threatening illnesses, but simply because of their gender. I know it's not my place to judge but this is so wrong. What ever happened to wishing for a healthy baby, regardless of gender selection?
I hate that these people are essentially able to afford countless IVF cycles and we will have to scrimp and save for months just to afford one. I leave you with these thoughts.... I effing HATE infertility and celebrities are self-righteous assholes. The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!