Well, cycle #34 is in full swing and I finished the last of my Femara a few days ago. I didn't notice the label on the bottle last time I took it. Notice anything odd? Yeah.....I'm taking the medicine to help get me pregnant but I shouldn't take the medicine if I plan to become pregnant. Did you get that?
I had my follicle scan yesterday morning. I arrived at the clinic promptly at 0745 and they had no record of my appointment. Again. Luckily, they saw me right away and thankfully my right side is still a rock star! Before my laparoscopy last month, we were always wondering why my left side never or rarely produced any follicles and now we know why. Thankfully I still have one good ovary and totally clear tube and "rightie" produced two follicles this month--a 15.5 and 16.5. By the time we do our IUI they should be fully mature at 19.5 and 20.5.
The IUI...oh the IUI! It was originally scheduled for Friday at 0900 but Mike came home from work last night incredibly stressed and pissed off because Uncle Sam decided to move up his training by a week and send him away at 0dark30 on Friday morning. Right away I called the clinic to see if we could move our appointment up a date but of course it was after hours and I had to talk to an answering service. I left a message and thankfully the clinic called back as soon as they opened this morning---they DO have a spot for us tomorrow and we will be doing our IUI at 0900 tomorrow morning.
Because our IUI was pushed up, I had to administer the trigger shot myself and I was a nervous wreck, which is pretty funny considering the needle is teeny tiny, but I survived! I'm feeling very hopeful this cycle too. Of course there comes a point where every cycle feels like "the one" but I'm really optimistic this time around. Maybe it's because we finally have answers and most of the endo is gone. Combine that with the recent HSG and two follicles and I'd say our chances are pretty good this month! While the idea of twins would scare most people, I can honestly say that it I would be extremely excited and thrilled! If this cycle works, I would be due in June. See how optimistic I'm being? I never let myself think this way! What lucky socks should I wear???
I'm flying out to Ohio in one week to help care for my nieces while my sister and brother in law are in the hospital for the arrival of baby girl #3. I'm super excited and can't wait to see how the girls have changed since I saw them in England and I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to holding my newest niece in my arms! I've never held a brand new baby. I know it's going to be a struggle emotionally but I just know it will be wonderful.
I'm glad I will be in Ohio during my 2WW and hopefully it will help it go quickly. I'll try to post while I'm away but I'm sure those little girls will be keeping me extremely busy!

Exciting- I hope this is it for you! Thanks for stopping by my blog. It seems I've come across a fellow NW girl! Now I just need to catch up on your story :)
ReplyDelete