Sep 15, 2011

Three Weeks Post-Surgery

For the past two days, I've had NO PAIN! Woohoo. It's like something 'clicked' and the sharp pains went away. I'm not ready to go out and run a 5K by any means, but I definitely feel much better.  I wore jeans for the first time yesterday and my incision scabs finally fell off. Here are some pictures of me 3 weeks post-surgery. I'm on CD30 with no AF in sight. I've never been so anxious for my period to show up. I just want to get this next cycle started and see what's in store for us. Lucky #34? No, there's no chance I could be pregnant. My blood test before surgery was negative and I've been in too much pain to even think about sex since then.


My beautiful bruise is still healing.

Thank goodness the incisions were tiny!


I'm so ready for this weekend. This week hasn't been particularly stressful or anything but I've spent way more time on the computer e-mailing customers than actually sewing orders and making money. This weekend we're heading to a little Bavarian-themed village in the Cascades called Leavenworth.  I've been there once before, when I flew to Seattle in 2009 for my brother's wedding. Mike's never been since he was in Iraq at the time. It's so charming. Lots of yummy German food (with plenty of veggie options--I love WA!) and even more importantly, loads of good German bier! We're going with my brother and sister-in-law and it should be a really fun time.

Speaking of my brother, you might remember that I posted a few months ago that he was diagnosed with azoospermia. He had his testicular biopsy several weeks ago and finally got the results yesterday. The doctor explained to him that the reason the test results take so long is because it's basically like finding "Where's Waldo" in Manhattan. Anyway, the bottom line is that they found sperm which means my brother is capable of having children! That's the best news I've had in a long time and I'm so happy for the two of them. They are going to meet with the doctor next week to discuss their options but they'll likely be heading down the IVF road too.


I hope all of my lovely readers have a wonderful weekend. BIG CONGRATS go out to Mrs. E and Diana for their recent BFPs. I wish them both sticky babies and pregnancies full of wonderful memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!