May 11, 2011

Not-so-fond Memory Lane

Facebook browsing is a dangerous thing. You know, one friend leads you to another and before you know it you're on a walk down memory lane.  It always puts me in a funk!  
I graduated high school in 2002 and I have yet to find a single person from my high school or college days that is not married with children or unmarried with children!  There are few who remain unmarried and childless (and I'm not surprised) but nearly everyone I have found has at least one kid--even those that got married waaaaay after I did.  Even the girl from college that was super annoying and tried to break up Mike and I--she's KTFU. The skanky girl from my college volleyball team--she had twins! Last but not least, the dumb-as-rocks girl who was a bitch to me in high school got married, has two kids and is a 7th grade science teacher :snort:  It really is depressing.  As if living in an incredibly fertile community such as the military isn't bad enough, I think Memory Lane is worse.

When I go back to the town where I went to M.S. and H.S. (I don't claim it as my "hometown" since I'm an Army Brat) everyone always asks me, "So how many kids do you have now?" :sigh: I guess it's a logical question. You grow up, you get married, you have babies...

Infertility sucks.

1 comment:

  1. It's a horrible horrible memory lane. I haven't done it in a while but now I have that urge. I will not!!! It's so depressing. So unfair! :(

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!