May 1, 2011

History.

History
 I remember getting chills as I watched people dancing in the streets in Afghanistan on September 11, 2011. What kind of person celebrates the death of a thousands of innocent people or even the death of just one person? Tonight American Armed Forces made history.  Osama Bin Laden is dead and the American people are celebrating and somehow....it feels right.

Of course people are already complaining that President Obama did not give due credit to the troops.  I say bullshit.  I thought it was a very touching speech and loved that he addressed not only the families of the victims of 9/11 but also the families of all our troops who have been lost in the War on Terror. Haters do  not want to give him any credit. After all--he didn't pull the trigger but President Obama got the intelligence report and our troops kicked ass on his orders.  If the mission had failed you bet they would be blaming Obama and NOT the soldier who was unable to eliminate his target. The bottom line is that the SOB is dead.

Newsflash:  George Dubya had nothing to do with what happened today. Oh...I digress. Bush's WMDs are the reason we invaded Iraq. I should give credit where credit is due.  On 1 May, 2003 Bush said that we had won in Iraq. "Mission Accomplished."  Eight years later......MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.  Could you imagine the speech if Dubya would have given it? In my best Texas accent: " Heh heh, we murderated him, we walked in, and we victorized, and we assasificated Osama Bin Laden."   All I can say is thank goodness for the hide button on Facebook.

Obama said he'd get Bin Laden and he did.  Osama Bin Laden is dead and it is somewhat of a comfort to know that Mike's buddy who was killed in A-stan last week and all of his other brother in arms did not die in vain.  Now...bring our troops home!



1 comment:

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!