Apr 13, 2012

22 Weeks

How big is baby? The size of a papaya or about 11 inches.
Symptoms: Tired, stretch marks on my breasts, constant hunger, gagging when I see or smell something gross and/or brush my teeth.
Total Weight Loss/Gain: I'm not too sure. I think somewhere around 10 pounds.
Maternity Clothes: Yup
Sleep: I'm sleeping okay most nights but baby girl loves to wake me up in the middle of the night. It's Club Ute almost every night around 0300.
Best Moment This Week: Seeing my belly move from baby kicks.
Gender: GIRL!!!!
Movement: Lots! Some days more than others but most days I can feel her moving all the time. I love it!
Food Cravings: Ugh. Chips and dip. I think I ate two or three jars of queso this week. Sooo not good for me.
Labor Signs: None.
Belly Button In or Out? Still in but getting more and more shallow every day.
What I miss: Beer.
What I am looking forward to: Working on the nursery. I found a glider and ottoman today that is in great condition and I got it for $75. I love good deals!
Next Appointment: 20 April
Milestones: One week closer to viability!

My view at 22 weeks.
So...about the nursery. It looks like I get to start working on it sooner than anticipated. The move to Rucker fell through (shakes fist at retention officer) and it looks like we're stuck in the gloomy Pacific Northwest for now.  We are both SUPER disappointed but at least I can stay with my midwife and deliver in the hospital I want to. ::sigh:: We may be moving sometime in the future but it looks like it won't be before she comes so we're going to go ahead and start her nursery. Mike's going to the field for a couple weeks so the plan is to paint this weekend so I can start decorating while he's gone.  We've got the crib picked out and just need to order it and I found a great ottoman and glider today. It needs to be recovered to match the look I'm going but that's part of the fun! I've already made a few things to go in her room. I can see it in my head so I just hope all my ideas tie together. I can hardly believe I'm going to be working on a nursery! Insane.

Over the next few days I am going to have a guest blogger post all about breastfeeding. I'm very determined to BF my little one and I am constantly bugging my friend, who has a 1 month old, for tips and advice. I decided to get her to write an entire blog post about her breastfeeding experience because I thought it could be really beneficial to other mommies-to-be who are determined to make breastfeeding a success too! Stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. You look fab! Can't wait to see photo updates as you begin the nursery, that is so fun! I also look forward to the post about BFing. I want to BF this baby when he comes out and am hoping for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Club Ute! Hilarious. Sorry to hear the move didn't go through but I'm glad you get to keep your awesome team of doctors/midwife now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megs, you look absolutely beautiful :) I told Riki about your wonderful bundle of joy and keep him informed about you and Mike as much as possible. We absolutely miss you two so much and I wish I could be with you during your pregnancy. I can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful baby girl. <3

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!