![]() |
| My little helpers. Quidditch and Figaro |
Supplies needed:
Hot glue gun
Scissors
Fabric scraps
Styrofoam ball or newspapers and tape
Fishing line or ribbon
- Step One: Find or make a ball shaped base. You can use a Styrofoam ball or you can use old newspapers, crumple them into a ball shape and cover the entire ball with packing tape, saving even more money. This is what I did.You can make the ball as big or as small as you want to.
- Step Two: Tie fishing line or ribbon around the ball. I suppose you could add this at the end but I think it helps support the ball's weight if you tie it around the entire shape. I didn't take a picture of this step but all I did was tie it around the ball and secure it it in place with some hot glue.
- Step Three: Cut your fabric circles. You will need a LOT of these and it's better to overestimate so that you have enough to cover the entire ball. I was using scraps so it's hard to estimate the exact yardage that I was using. I used the roll of packing tape as my stencil and it seemed to be a good size for the circles.
- Step Four: Start gluing and placing your circles onto the ball. Fold the circle in half and then in half again so it's wedge shaped. Add a dab of glue along the open edged to keep them together. Then add more glue to the point of the wedge and stick it on the ball. Continue to add them, placing them close together, all over the ball.
With a little bit of patience (this step takes a LONG time!) you will eventually end up with something like this:

My first attempt. I ran out of fabric so the other side looks completely different. FAIL.







Cute! I just pinned these the other day and was thinking about making a couple for the boys' room- thanks for the step by step!
ReplyDelete