Apr 20, 2012
23 weeks
How big is baby? The size of a pomegranate or about 11.8 inches. Approximately 1.5 pounds.
Symptoms: stretch marks on my breasts, gagging, insatiable thirst, braxton hicks, acne and it's getting much harder to bend over and sit up in bed. Oh and how could I forget? Peeing all.the.time.
Total Weight Loss/Gain: I was a little worried about how much I've gained since I have my appetite back thanks to Zofran but I'm officially up 16 pounds. My midwife says that's great!
Maternity Clothes: I'm going to need some new jeans soon if the weather doesn't start warming up. They're getting tight on my belly and butt!
Sleep: Insomnia still comes and goes.
Best Moment This Week: Starting the nursery and working on decorations.
Gender: GIRL!!!!
Movement: Lots! I love it.
Food Cravings: Today I drove past a Krispy Kreme and just HAD to have one--I haven't had one in years! Baby girl enjoyed her first (and second) Krispy Kreme. :)
Funny moment: You know that scene in The Last Crusade where the librarian is stamping the book as Indiana Jones is busting up the floor? I had a similar experience this morning involving baby kicks and artillery fire. Kick, kick...BOOM. It was pretty funny to wake up to!
Labor Signs: None.
Belly Button In or Out? Still in but getting more and more shallow every day.
What I miss: Beer.
What I am looking forward to: Finishing the nursery, buying her crib, making it to viability.
Next Appointment: 11 May
Milestones: One week closer to viability! Starting the nursery.
Had a great midwife appointment today. The results of my a/s were perfectly normal, baby's in the 55th percentile for weight, my weight gain is on track (I was worried about it since I got Zofran and got my appetite back!) and no more placenta previa! She was really enthusiastic about my birth plan and said they already do everything on there so not to worry. She let me decline the pertussis vaccination until I'm not longer pregnant and we talked about the vit k, hep B and eye ointment. She's totally okay with me not doing them but I think we'll elect to do the vitamin K shot. I think it's probably a really good thing we're not headed for Rucker right now because I love my midwife. ♥
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Looking good! It sounds like you've found a midwife who is a great fit for you and your birth plan :)
ReplyDeleteI love it. Sometimes things just happen for a reason, and I truly think your midwife is the reason!
ReplyDelete