How big is baby? The size of a grapefruit.
Symptoms: Thirst, peeing, tender abodomen, stretch marks on breasts, stuffy nose, fatigue
Total Weight Loss/Gain: +16
Maternity Clothes: Yup. I need more. Just waiting for the weather to warm up so I can buy cute, flowy dresses!
Sleep: Much better. I'm currently sleeping with two body pillows and a few other regular pillows. It might also have to do with the fact that I've had a bed to myself for a week and a half. That will all end when Mike gets home in a few days.
Best Moment This Week: VIABILITY day and Operation Homefront Baby Shower
Gender: GIRL!!!!
Movement: Lots! I love it.
Food Cravings: Chips and dip.
Labor Signs: None.
Belly Button In or Out? It's so shallow that it's barely there anymore. I wonder if it will pop out.
What I miss: Beer.
What I am looking forward to: Finishing the nursery and starting to buy the little things we still need.
Next Appointment: 11 May
Milestones: VIABILITY!!!
So this weekend has been full of some pretty fun stuff for me so far. Friday was an amazing day because I knew that it meant we had reached viability. If for some reason this little girl comes out of me earlier than expected she will now at least have a fighting chance of survival. Sure, she'd need a lot of help and would spend a lot of time in the NICU but she'd have a shot at least and that is a huge relief.
Last night I went over to Mike's commander's house for a little get together. All our husbands are away training right now so the commander's wife thought it'd be a good time to get the ladies together to celebrate the babies to be born in our troop. There were four of us who showed up. One due next month and the other three of us in August. Three were expecting girls and just one was expecting a baby boy.
![]() |
| Delta Troop Mamas |
Today I had the awesome experience of going to a baby shower hosted by Operation Homefront of Washington. There were 150+ mamas at this event--talk about a lot of estrogen! The organization got donations from various businesses, churches, etc. and was able to put on this great shower for us! There were strollers, diapers, car seats, bouncers, clothing, bassinets, furniture--you name it! We ate lunch and played bingo, they had a guest speaker and raffle prizes. It was a great time and there was so much generosity and love for our military families.
Everyone got a reusable grocery bag with a comfy robe for the hospital, some peppermint patties, disposable diapers (which I will be re-gifting) a coupon booklet for things to do in the area and a few gender gently used specific outfits. I ended up winning a high chair (score!) and at the end of the event they had tables we could go through and pick whatever we want. I ended up picking up some newborn disposable diapers (to get through the meconium phase) a Skip Hop diaper bag and a bunch of various books. Some are breastfeeding and motherhood books and the others are children's books. I made it to my car in two trips--one to carry the high chair and the other to carry the rest of my loot. Some women were having to strap bassinets to the roofs of cars because their trunks were so full. It was insane! I still can't believe the generosity! I don't know how the other women felt (some of them were very gift grabby) but I know that I really appreciated having someone do this for me. I will not be having a baby shower since most of my family is on the other side of the country and I don't have many close friends here so this event was very, very much appreciated by me! I'm going to go write them a thank you card right now....






YAY Viability!!! Darling pics! That shower looked/sounded like so much fun! & I love all the cool stuff you scored!
ReplyDeleteThat's so great...I am waiting for 24 weeks too...glad I can follow your journey we are close in due dates!!
ReplyDelete