Oct 14, 2011

IUI #4

BFN.

I had to hide in my sister's bathroom so I could have a long cry in private. I clearly didn't think about how hard it was going to be to deal with a failed cycle while being around a newborn. This blows.

For now, I'm going to play with Madeline and give Charlotte lots of kisses. In about an hour, my other sister, my brother in law and my oldest niece and nephew will be here. I sincerely hope that I can keep it together and enjoy this weekend with my family.

Mike and I need to have a long talk when we get home (he's in the field while I'm in Ohio). We need to get rid of a few things in our budget to allow us to save more money for IVF. I'm pretty sure we're done with IUIs and I think I am done with treatments for a few months, at least for now. We've been doing testing and treatments for a year straight. I need a break. The holidays are hard enough without all the ultrasounds, appointments and extra emotions that come with fertility meds. To make it worse, we can't afford to fly (and board our zoo) to spend the holidays with family since we have to save for IVF.  I don't know what's next for us but for now we'll be taking a little time off.

Fuck you infertility.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that this IUI did not work for you. It breaks my heart every time I see someone post about a BFN. It's just not fair that we can't have our babies that we want so badly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Megan :(( I hate this so much. FUIF!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree...Fuck Infertility!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! I'm so sorry that you didn't get your BFP!! It's so hard when your hopes are so high!! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh I'm sorry this comment is late! I don't know why my computer doesn't update me on your new posts!! I'm so sorry this has been such a difficult road for you. Infertility is just so unfair. I hope your time off gives you a chance to relax and regroup... FUIF!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!