As you'll recall from my last post, I had to sign an authorization form on Friday to allow the Army IF Clinic to release my records to the civilian clinic. As of 1300 today, the civilian clinic STILL had not received any records for me so I called the clinic on post but got no answer. Of course. I had already spent the morning on post, taking care of HH6 duties and buying things like Camelbaks and M9 holsters. Not wanting to take any chances, I decided to drive the 35 minutes back to the hospital on post so that I could take care of this problem myself. Having just gotten home from post, I was completely annoyed.
I decided to not even deal with the IF clinic and instead go straight to medical records. Medical records told me that they couldn't help me and that I'd have to go to Medical Correspondence. I filled out another authorization form, checked all the appropriate boxes and handed the form back to the clerk. The clerk looked at my form, saw that I had requested GYN records and then asked, "Are you leaving?" "No, I'm going to a civilian clinic." "How many weeks pregnant are you?" As I was fighting back tears I responded in my best I'm-pissed-off-and-I-want-to-throttle-you voice, "I'm not pregnant. I'm infertile." She immediately said, "Oh I'm sorry ma'am. Let me see what I can do." It's a damn good thing she was out of my reach.
As if going to this effing hospital, with pregnant bellies at every turn, wasn't bad enough, I had to listen to the annoying "Twinkle Twinkle" song that they play every time a new baby is born. Talk about kicking an infertile right in the uterus but the records have been sent, their receipt has been confirmed and I'm totally stoked about our consultation with the civilian clinic tomorrow.
So....that was my day. Hope all of you have had a better Monday!
That sounds horrible! I hope tomorrow is a MUCH better day for you :)
ReplyDeleteUgh, how horrible! Good for you for telling her how it is though. I hope you have a great appointment tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteThat is just awful!! Glad that you have your records now and that you be seen at the new clinic. Here's hoping for a great appointment!
ReplyDeleteThat is BS! I've been reading you for a few weeks from ICLW, and the runaround you've been getting is totally unfair. Here's to a better out of network experience, you deserve it!
ReplyDeleteThat is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard :( I am praying for you today and your consultation!!
ReplyDeleteOh God. I could feel your pain through this post. I'm so so sorry. What a kick in the teeth
ReplyDeleteI'm here from ICLW