Oct 9, 2011

World, meet Charlotte.

Kissable Cheeks!

Well, I'm the proud aunt of another beautiful little girl! Charlotte Elise arrived on 7 October, measuring 21.5 inches long and weighing in at 10lbs 5oz! (Side note: If you're a Cure fan you'll understand where her name came from! <3 ) She doesn't even fit in the hats I made her because she's already too big! She is so sweet and makes tiny, squeaky noises. She doesn't feel like a new baby because she's so big and I looooove to cuddle her.  My sister is doing well but still pretty sore, since this is her third c-section. She will be home tomorrow or Tuesday and I can't wait until I can love on Charlotte all day long and not just for a few hours.

Here are a few more pictures from Charlotte's birthday and the days since!

Madeline and I made cupcakes to take to the hospital so we could sing "Happy Birthday"

Sisters.
Madeline and Annabelle dressed up for their Dance Party

If you know me IRL, you know that I'm a terrible dancer. However, there's just something about being with kids that causes the inner "soul train" to come out and so I planned a dance party for Annabelle and Madeline. Just me and the girls. No adults allowed. ;)  I created a playlist with the likes of LMFAO, Black_Eyed_Peas, Michael_Jackson, Lemonade_Mouth (for Annabelle!) Princess_DisneyMania, Lady_Gaga, Jessie_J and many more. Madeline, who's three, kept requesting Lady_Gaga. Haha!


They had a lot of fun putting on makeup and dressing up and right before bed Madeline said, "I had much fun for my dance party!" I think it was a success. I know I had fun. I love making memories like this!  I've been exhausted since I got here--I guess waking up at 0330 Seattle time will do that to a girl! It's all worth it though.

I was really nervous to go to the hospital the first time. Being on a maternity ward when you're infertile is obviously not an ideal situation. Surprisingly though, seeing Charlotte in the hospital was not hard on me at all. I don't know, maybe it's because she's family and I know I hold a special place in her life, but her birth has not affected me me in the same way my friends' pregnancies and births have. Hell, even strangers' and acquaintances' pregnancies are hard to handle and I recently had to un-friend two people on Facebook after they announced their pregnancies on their walls.  One was particularly bad considering the week before she had written me a long message letting me know that she prayed for me often and just knew I was going to be a good mom. The next week she announced she was going into the 2nd Tri. Both of them seemed to take an interest in my infertility journey, always "liking" statuses and posts, which made their casual FB announcements hurt all the more.  :sigh:
Staying busy with the girls has definitely help me keep my mind off things too, which has been great.  I am 10DPIUI and got a BFN this morning. There was an evap line there an hour later but obviously that does not count. :/ The good news is that I don't have any spotting so I am still keeping my fingers crossed. While I am here I plan on getting all the good baby juju that I can. Maybe I need to shake Charlotte a little bit to get some baby dust out of her!

Aunt Megan and Charlotte

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a cute chunky baby! i know what you mean though.. The jealousy didn't really set in with my sister either. I think it was because I knew her babies were going to be a big part of my life, and that is very special! I hope your evap line shows to be a true positive over the next few days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte is definitely a chunky-monk but she's adorable. Gotta love big kissable cheeks! All your nieces are pretty, I guess they got their auntie's genes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!