Oct 27, 2011

Green Light!

For the past year, since we began treatment and testing, I have felt like I was playing a never ending game of red light/green light. Every time we would get the green light, we would rush forward, full of hope and excitement, only to hear, "RED LIGHT!" each time we felt like we were making progress. No more red lights! (Did I just jinx myself?)  I am happy to report that yesterday afternoon I was given the green light for the ultimate treatment--an IVF cycle in November/December! We've officially dropped the Army hospital and I will be seeing only civilians for everything health-related from here on out. Woohoo!

I will be on BCP for the month before the retrieval and transfer so now it's just a waiting game until I get my next period. More waiting--ugh! But at least I know that we will be moving forward in the very near future instead of waiting for another six months had we stayed on post.  If I counted correctly on the calendar it looks like our ET would be sometime during the week of Christmas.  I hope that the clinic realizes this and is okay with this potential scheduling problem. Mike leaves for training (again!) tomorrow but should be back in time for the beginning of my Lupron injections, which is a relief.  He has repeatedly told me that he wants to give me all my shots so at least he feels like a part of this process and is doing more than just jerking off into a plastic cup. Infertility is so romantic, isn't it?

IVF Long Protocol Timeline

My tentative timeline:
CD3: Start BCP, go in for labs and uterine sounding
CD14: Start Lupron and continue it until ER (embryo retrieval)
New Cycle
CD4: Start Stims
CD14: Trigger
CD16: ER
CD18: Start Progesterone--not looking forward to this. I've heard it's like injecting maple syrup and hurts like hell.
CD21: ET (5DT)
CD24: Start Estrogen Patches
CD29: 8DP5DT Blood Test. If I get a BFP I will continue Progestrone, estrogen patches as well as get a HCG Booster
Throughout this entire process I will have multiple blood draws and many, many dates with the dildo cam. And who says making a baby isn't fun!?

So it's official: we're doing IVF! It's taken us three years to get to this point but in two weeks, Operation: Baby H will be in full swing! Bring on the hot flashes, mood swings (poor Mike!) and injections!




3 comments:

  1. Yay! I wouldn't worry too much about Christmas- they can usually play with the days your on BCP to avoid holidays as much as possible! I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan! Can you ask to do the Endometrin progesterone supplements if you don't want to do the PIO? I've been doing the Endometrin suppositories after each of my IUIs and will be using them with IVF in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're going off base and have a plan. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!