Aug 26, 2011

Houston, We Have a Diagnosis

Houston, we have a diagnosis! I am a little out of it so bear with me. My doctor found endometriosis on my left side, partially blocking my left fallopian tube. My left ovary is kind of attached to the wall by my endo so it is not at the best angle.  Not sure what stage of endo since I was asleep when he was telling my husband and mom everything. He removed as much as he could without damaging my ovary. He cauterized the endo but also scraped below to kind of "uproot" it, which is why I am having so much pain. He said our chances of conception are greater now that the endo has been removed.  We are basically starting "fresh" now that the endo is removed and will try a few more cycles of ovulation induction and/or IUI before moving on to IVF. It would be amazing if I didnt' have to put my body through that.
The overall experience wasn't too horrible and all the doctors and nurses at Madigan were actually really nice. One part that sucked was the hospital's playing of lullabies every time a new baby was born--super annoying when you're there having surgery for infertility.

I am having some pain, getting up to use the loo is a PITA but they gave me oxy so I'm not doing too bad, just moving really slowly. The oxy made me sick last night and I threw up all over my couch. Thank goodness my mom is here to help out right now since moms clean up much better than husbands.

All my random pain, pain during intercourse, bleeding before AF and painful BMs during period....it all makes sense now. I'm just happy to finally have some answers. I'll obviously know more once I have a follow up. I thought for sure they'd make my follow up a priority at the clinic on post but she told Mike that they can't get me in before the 12th. Good Lord. Mike's been really wonderful and he even shaved my legs for me today.

So, we finally have answers. The endo didn't look too severe from the pictures I saw but apparently the doctor told Mike that there was quite a lot. The diagnosis of endo definitely sucks but I am thankful that we finally have answers. Time for another oxy. Night night! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay for a diagnosis and some treatment. Here's hoping it was effective *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that you have a diagnosis! Yay! And I'm also sorry I haven't been commenting--for some reason I couldn't find your blog. Google Reader wasn't updating it, and every time I tried This Space for Rent it said the blog didn't exist. I'm glad I caught this post though =) I hope this is all you need to get your BFP! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!