Aug 2, 2011

Gratification.

Several months ago I was all about pressing forward, pursuing aggressive treatment and couldn't stand the thought of taking a month off or waiting any longer. We are taking a break from fertility meds this month because of my laparoscopy on the 25th and it's actually been really refreshing! No hot flashes, night sweats and no crazy-hormonal-Megan! I feel like I somewhat have my sanity back, which is really nice and I'm sure Mike would agree with me.I've been keeping busy with orders, trying to keep my house as fur-free as possible (which is difficult as this is Zero's prime shedding season) and get our house organized before the in-laws invade on the 17th.

I had a really bizarre dream the other night that involved my first boyfriend visiting out of now where and proclaiming his undying love for me, in spite of my being married to Mike and not having seen this ex for the past 11 years. Isn't it weird how people like this have a weird way of creeping back into your life? This guy put me through a ton of crap.  I thought he was my first "true love." He gave me my first broken heart. As a matter of fact, he gave me more than that, if you get my drift....

So why the hell was I dreaming about him after all these years? My guess is Facebook. I spent awhile looking at pages belonging to people I went to high school with before I went to bed. I have no idea why since I hated 90% of them. Nearly all of them are married and have at least one kid.  The only ones without kids are the newlyweds and I'm sure they'll be popping them out before you can say "the condom broke." It was actually pretty depressing. When I awoke from my weird dream, I did the logical thing. I looked him up on Facebook. Of course, right? I was so happy when I found a picture of him, looking rather fluffy and with the hairline of a 50 year old man. I literally laughed out loud. Talk about gratification!

So...have any of you read The Baby Trail yet? Do it!  I'm reading another book now called "Every Drunken Cheerleader...Why Not Me?"   It's pretty good so far but I'm not enjoying it nearly as much as The Baby Trail. I still haven't heard of any personal laparoscopy experiences from any of my readers. Please share, if you have one!   Other than that, I hope everyone is having a Happy Shark Week! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad this month off meds is so refreshing, I hope meds free is the magic key. I had a strong feeling about you a few weeks ago. FX!

    What's with the crazy dreams about ex's? I had a dream 2 wks ago that involved not really an ex but a guy I messed around with. They're creepers! :)

    I need to get into reading. I just got Unsung Lullabies but I still haven't started reading it. The Baby Trail will be my next one if I ever read this one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!