I have to apologize for my absence from the blogging world. Mike's 30th birthday was on the 19th and so his family invaded our house beginning the 17th. The week leading up to the invasion was spent cleaning and catching up on orders before packing up half my sewing stuff to make room for an air mattress.
My mom flew in yesterday to help with my recovery since Mike will not have any time off work (thank you Army!) and will be here through Labor Day. My Laparoscopy is tomorrow and my report time is 0800. Not too early, thank goodness! I had my pre-op yesterday and it took 3.5 hours due to their "efficiency."
I met with Dr. C, my RE, who explained the procedure, the possibilities of what they might find and what will happen if they do find something. Poor Mike was nervous wreck! =( After I left the RE's office I had to go up to the surgical floor in the hospital and do blood work, vitals, speak with the anesthesiologist, and go over pre-op care. All this should have taken 45 minutes to an hour and I was there for over two--hurry up and wait! So, tomorrow is the big day. I'm not freaking out too much yet but I am sure I will be in full panic mode once I get to the hospital. I had my tonsils out in third grade and I remember feeling like I couldn't breathe when they asked me to count backwards from 100. When I think about that, I start to freak. While I don't want anything to be wrong, it'd be really nice to have answers and to no longer be "unexplained." I really do think that they will find endo. The surgery shouldn't take too long and I'll get to go home once I meet the discharge protocol--I think I have to pee?? I will try to post an update once I am lucid enough.
Have you ever noticed that when you have surgery you're basically like a Gremlin? You can't eat after midnight and you can't get wet afterwards. Yes, I am a child of the 80s. Wish me luck tomorrow!
LUCK!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteBest of Luck hun! I hope you're recovering nicely by now!!! HUGS & LOVE!
ReplyDelete