Aug 10, 2011
FU Amazon.
I purchased this book for my Kindle because it was suggested based on a few other infertility books I recently bought and am absolutely outraged at Amazon's suggestion! The basic synopsis is that the two main characters are opposite ends of the motherhood spectrum. One was an over-tired, married mother of two whose husband was a workaholic and basically left her to raise her kids alone. The other woman was struggling to become a mother after over a decade of marriage. She and her husband had a diagnosis of unexplained infertility, multiple failed IUIs and was moving on to IVF. I enjoyed the book for the most part up until I was about 85% done. It was then that the couple's IVF procedure failed and their already fragile marriage began to fall apart completely. The husband ends up having an affair with an old college friend the day they received the news of the failed IVF! What happened next? You guessed it. Old flame ends up pregnant. Infertile couple gets divorced. Why the HELL would Amazon suggest this book to me? Why would they group it with all of the other infertility support books?
One of our biggest fears, other than never hearing someone call us Mom, is our husbands leaving us for more fertile women. Irrational? Maybe, but the fear is always in the back of our minds. I know not every IVF story has a happy ending but this book literally made me sick to my stomach and I'm furious with Amazon for even suggesting it to me. I did leave a review on Amazon and warned anyone who is undergoing infertility treatments to stay the hell away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ho.LY shit. Man, that is a total Amazon suggestion fail for sure! That one definitely just falls under random fiction that has an infertility topic- definitely not under any sort of encouraging or infertility self help book! lordy me!
ReplyDeleteWow that is absolutely terrible and I would NEVER want to read that book.
ReplyDelete