Megan's Bag
- Pajama pants (2)
- Sports bras to wear while I'm laboring in the tub (2)
- Maternity tanks with easy access for nursing (3)
- Over-sized underwear I don't mind throwing out (2) *I plan to use whatever the hospital provides too
- Zip up sweat shirt (1)
- Disposable nursing pads
- Copy of my birth plan
- Fuzzy socks with rubber grippers on the bottom (2)
- Glasses and contacts
- Hair ties and headbands
- Toiletry kit with shampoo, conditioner, body wash, razors, etc.
- Makeup and blow dryer *In case I feel like getting pretty for pictures
- Comfy outfit to wear home
- Earth Mama Angel Babies Postpartum Bath Herbs
- Cell phone with labor playlist
- Flip flops
- Pajamas
- Two changes of clothes
- Socks
- Hygiene kit
- PSP
- Books
- Cell phone chargers
- Camera, memory card and charger
- Flip flops
- Laptop
- Sleeping Gowns
- Baby Book
- Warm, fuzzy blanket
- Thinner blanket for swaddling
- Ring Sling
- Hats & Hair bows
- Homecoming outfit
- Burp cloths
- Pillows
- Robe
- Blanket
- Boppy Nursing Pillow
- Sleeping bag for Mike
- Ziploc bags and cooler for placenta
- Birthing ball (I'll know after our L&D tour on Saturday if these are provided)
- Postpartum underwear
- Postpartum pads--I'll be using mama cloth once I'm home but I'm wondering if the ones the hospital provides are 'good enough' to tide me over while I'm there?
Packing our bags is on our to-do list for this weekend! Our lists are pretty similar, we also will NOT be taking an air mattress or tarp :)
ReplyDeleteDon't need nursing pads. Your milk won't be in yet. Also bring socks for the baby. I dressed Cooper in his clothes immediately nd he wore his clothes the whole time. And bring the baby book. Write down if anyone send flowers or gifts.
ReplyDeleteWow, I really have not put ANY thought into this (though I do have 4 months to think about it!) and now your list has given me so many ideas. Thanks for posting! I'm totally pinning this!
ReplyDeleteA friend of mine just pinned this blog and I thought you might find it useful! http://workmanfamily.typepad.com/our_life/2010/09/whats-in-a-bag.html
ReplyDeleteI don't know about the ball, but if they don't have one bring it just in case. I brought pads I didn't use them, but its nice to have them on hand just in case:) and underwear YESSSSSS um I thought my friend was crazy when she told me to buy bigger underwear, so I didn't...the day I left the hospital my husband had to go by me bigger ones because they were too tight. So do yourself a favor and have some on hand LOL!
ReplyDeleteI think your list sounds good! The things I appreciated the most (obviously not my whole list).
ReplyDelete1. Nursing pajamas (I got them from motherhood, but I was showered and out of that stupid hospital gown ASAP with both babies). I just felt more human in my own soft cotton fresh clothing.
2. Boppy
3. My own pillow (not for L&D - just for sleeping the few nights afterward).
As for nursing pads and a previous commenter... With my first baby, my milk took 3 and a half days to come in. With Connor, it started coming in (like, really truly coming in) about 12 hours after he was born. So you never know! The odds aren't good, but having a few nursing pads never hurt anyone.
Another "fun" thing that we brought (but absolutely in no way "needed") was some DVDs to pass the time in the hospital. Newborns sleep like 20 hours per day, and I got sick of daytime TV. It was nice to have a few movies to watch together. Obvs. check to see if your hospital has DVD players in the room.
As for the pads, the "thunder pads" as one blog called them are perfectly fine those first few days. Even if you have a smooth delivery, things down there just are... well... you'll see. Not pretty. I embraced the layering of pads, ice packs, tucks pads, and mesh underwear. It wasn't glamorous, but it is what it is those first few days. And with that in mind, choose your pants (pajama) wisely. Nothing to tight.
Best wishes! My first showed up out of the blue at 35w4d. It is good you are packed (we weren't) and have your carseat in the car (we didn't). GOOD LUCK!