Jul 27, 2012

37 Weeks

From IVF bloat to big baby bump--look how far we've come!



How big is baby? 
 

Symptoms: Aches and pains all over. Dry mouth, hungry all the time, fatigue. Fun end of pregnancy stuff!
Total Weight Loss/Gain: +38.5
Maternity Clothes: Yup. Though I'm running out of things that fit. I snapped the elastic in on of my shirts today. Way to make a pregnant girl feel good!
Sleep: I miss it.  Baby girl must be pushing on my bladder because I am up every single hour some nights!

Best Moment This Week: Meeting with my doula and addressing my fears and anxieties about birth. I feel so much better now and I am pumped to have this baby!
Gender: GIRL!!!!
Movement: She's still very active and seems to be hanging out all on my right side. I'm constantly getting poked and kicked in the ribs.
Food Cravings: Cinnamon toast and cinnamon toast crunch
Labor Signs: I am declining cervical checks for now since they're not really a good indicator of when I'll go into labor anyway. I do have some occasional contracting and cervical pressure. My pelvis just feels so incredibly heavy. 
Belly Button In or Out? Depending on her position it's either a slight outie or big outie.
What I miss: Walking without looking like a little old lady. I have to shuffle to the bathroom in the middle of the night and it's so hard getting out of bed!
What I am looking forward to: The moment I meet our baby girl. It's so surreal that it could happen at any time now. After everything we've been through. I hope someone is available to take a picture of this moment because I want to remember it forever.
Next Appointment: 3 August--38 weeks.
Milestones: Full term!!! Her organs are fully functional and her lungs are mature enough that she now has permission to come out.  I'm totally expecting her to bake a few more weeks and I definitely want her to come when she's ready BUT I hope she doesn't take her sweet time because I really don't want to PCS 3,000 miles two weeks after having her, you know? Oh and I'm GBS negative, which means I can labor at home as long as I want to now. Woot!

I created a baby pool for fun--click on the banner to enter your guess on when Baby H. will arrive and how big she'll be! 

  



Oh and Happy Olympics, everyone!!!


1 comment:

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!