Jul 18, 2012

Baby Quilt is Finished!!!

I was so worried I wouldn't finish in time but I surprised myself and finished with 33 days to spare. :) I'm actually very pleased with how it turn out. Sure, it's not perfect but that's okay since it's meant to be used. Not hung on a wall or packed away in some box. I hand pieced and hand quilted the entire thing. I used my embroidery machine to make the quilt label but I sewed that on by hand (and got a little teary eyed in the process!) It's hard to believe it went from this:




to this:

and ended up as




Now that my project is finally done I am at a loss as to how to keep myself busy. The house is pretty much clean--I don't want to (and would have difficulty at this point!) do any serious deep cleaning since we'll be moving in about two months and will have to deep clean then anyway. The car seat is installed, the hospital bags are packed, with a few revisions to my earlier post. The sheets are on the co-sleeper, her room is ready, the cloth diapers are prepped. WHAT am I going to do with myself these next 4.5 weeks? I know everyone is going to say, "Sleep!" but it's not as if my body can store up hours of sleep.

5 comments:

  1. It's beautiful!!! I will say... spend the next 4 1/2 weeks enjoying every minute of "just you two" time together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's gorgeous! What a special keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out great! Enjoy the next few weeks- easier said than done! We are choosing to spend this last little bit of time soaking up the last days of quick spontaneous dinner dates, weekend outings, and watching/feeling the boys move inside of me. We have no idea if this will be our last pregnancy, and I think we both will miss the magic and wonder of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt is beautiful! You did such a lovely job.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!