For the first time in almost two weeks I have the house to myself. As Mike said last week, we've been running the gauntlet of family. My parents were here for a few days before their Alaskan Cruise, Mike's brother and his girlfriend were here for the week everyone was on their AK cruise and this past weekend we had my parents, my sister's family and my brother's family here post-cruise. We had a house full of people for the 4th too--it was exhausting! The last of our family left this morning and I immediately followed it up with a four hour nap! I guess baby H. and I were really needing the rest. Even though my family helped tremendously with the cooking and cleaning while they were here, I was still exhausted most of the time. My feet and ankles swelled to shocking sizes and I felt like a tick ready to pop. I think Mike and I are really ready to just relax, do a few last preparations and spend some quality time together before our baby girl arrives. The car seat has been re-installed (took it out to tote our family around these past few weeks) and we need to pack our hospital bags but I have to say I think we're pretty ready for our little girl to come into the world! The goodbyes weren't so hard this time because I know I will see most everyone in a few months--with a baby in tow!
I was reminded repeatedly why we have chosen to keep her name to ourselves until she's arrived. My mom kept asking if we were going to name her "one of those weird names" and actually guessed the name without realizing it. So, I guess she's going to be named something weird. Not weird to us! Hopefully once everyone sees a beautiful pink baby attached to the name they will keep their opinions to themselves. Has anyone else dealt with family name drama?
I have to say that I am getting pretty darn umcomfortable and retaining water like crazy. I drink at least 100 oz. of water a day and it doesn't seem to be helping. I feel like I'm even starting to get the 'pregnant face' and I can't say I'm crazy about that.
Symptoms: I'm officially a waddler! My dear big brother was making fun of me--I almost punched him. I'm guessing this means that baby girl has dropped into my pelvis. Stretch marks have also made an appearance on my belly but aren't super bright red, thanks to Bio Oil. I also have stretch marks in places I didn't know you could get stretch marks. Scary. My feet and ankles are swollen and very painful all the time now. Even my old reliable flip flops from Old Navy are tight--ridiculous.
Total Weight Loss/Gain: +35
Maternity Clothes: Yup. Though even some of them are too small or becoming uncomfortable.
Sleep: I can't complain too much. My body pillows keep me pretty comfortable but getting out of bed is a different story.
Best Moment This Week:
Gender: GIRL!!!!
Movement: All the time. I had a dream that she's going to have really long legs--which probably explains why I'm feeling her trying to stretch me sideways all the time!
Food Cravings: Blueberry pancakes.
Labor Signs: I've been feeling more cervical pressure and lots of braxton hicks. Hopefully it's just false labor though and she stays put for a few more weeks.
Belly Button In or Out? It's a slight outie now.
What I miss: Being able to walk like normal person without swelling like a hippo.
What I am looking forward to: Meeting our baby girl and seeing how Mike is as a father.
Next Appointment: 13 July
Milestones: She's the size of a butternut squash. At less than two months to go, she weighs in at about 4.2 pounds to 5.8 pounds and measures about 17.2 to 18.7 inches.
![]() | ||
| 33 weeks, 6 days. My bump and Puget Sound |
![]() |
| Baby H and I enjoying the frigid water of Puget Sound--felt so good on my swollen feet and ankles! |
| ||
| Just the three of us. Love this picture! |
![]() |
| Summer has finally arrived in the Pacific Northwest! Like my pool? :P |
![]() | ||
| Vegan Red Velvet Cupcakes for 4th of July! Yummy. |
![]() |
| Grill Master. |
![]() | ||
| The girls. My sister in law has almost 12 pounds of babies in her now! |
![]() |
| Waiting to see Joan Jett and the Blackhearts-- they put on a USO concert on post! It was awesome. |
![]() | ||
| Uncle Mike showing Ben the Kiowas |
![]() | ||
| Cutie Gabrielle in Uncle Mike's Stetson |















You look great! I hear ya on trying to get out of bed... SO PAINFUL!!!
ReplyDeleteYou look awesome!! I can't believe how close you are to meeting your little girl! I also love all of the pictures! I think I may need to go buy that pool :) and maybe find one of those cupcakes :D
ReplyDelete