Jul 20, 2012

36 Weeks



How big is baby?
 


Symptoms: I felt pretty good this week--almost normal! Well, as normal as I can feel with a huge belly. Rolling over and getting out of bed is still the bane of my existence. I was able to rest a lot this week so my swollen feet have all but disappeared--thank goodness! I did have some timeable contractions on Wednesday after I went for a walk with Zero. They went away after I drank water and laid down for awhile but I've still been having quite a bit of cervical pressure--feels like her head is screwing its way down into my pelvis. Not too uncomfortable but definitely not pleasant. All the big stretch marks are starting show on my belly now too.
Total Weight Loss/Gain: +38 (too many 4th of July cupcakes!)
Maternity Clothes: Yup. I have limited bottoms that actually fit now but I am not buying anything more at this point.
Sleep: I sleep the best after Mike leaves for PT and I have the entire bed to myself so I can really stretch out. I'm still getting up at least 4 times a night to pee and getting out of bed is so difficult.
Best Moment This Week: Going on our hospital tour. The water birth rooms are gorgeous! I really hope that one is available when I am admitted. Oh and hiring a doula! We were originally going to forgo having one but after talking to Mike about my anxieties and fears about birth, we felt it would be a good idea to have a professional support person with us. After everything it has taken to get me pregnant, I really, really want to experience the process of natural birth. My hope is that having a doula with us will help me succeed in this.
Gender: GIRL!!!!
Movement: She's getting so strong now! She loves to kick me in my ribs and try to stretch me sideways. Mike loves it when he talks to my belly and gets a nice kick to the face.
Food Cravings: Blueberry pancakes and chips & queso.
Labor Signs: Definite cervical pressure and some timeable contractions. Braxton hicks whenever I have to pee.
Belly Button In or Out? Outie and my belly button piercing hole is starting to get stretch marks. Gross!
What I miss: Sleeping comfortably, though I'm sure I won't have a great night of sleep for a very long time.
What I am looking forward to: Meeting our sweet baby girl! I hope she has lots of hair like she does in all the dreams I have about her!
Next Appointment: 27 July--at 37 weeks and full term!
Milestones: Finally finishing the baby quilt! Her lungs are almost mature! Less than 30 days to go. Insanity.

4 comments:

  1. Limited bottoms is right! I feel like I have nothing to wear but with just 4 weeks there's no way I'm buying more! Good luck getting that tub for your birth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are feeling good! Mmmm - blueberry pancakes sound really good right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing! I can't believe you're already 36 weeks! I hope you get that tub nd the birth experience you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG things are really starting to get exciting now!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!