![]() |
| 11w1d |
How big is baby? About two inches from head to rump--the size of a key lime.
Symptoms: Still gagging/vomiting thought not nearly as much--what a relief. I have some pretty persistent headaches and I have to pee all the time.
Total weight gain/loss: 1-2 pounds
Maternity clothes? Jeans and a few shirts.
Sleep: I'm up every 2 hours (at least) to pee.
Best moment this week: Seeing the baby again and graduating from the RE!
Movement: Every now and then I feel fluttery but I'm pretty sure it's just gas.
Food cravings: Oh Lord. Didn't you read my post about Arby's Roast Beef Sandwiches?
Gender: We decided to schedule an early detection ultrasound. Hopefully we'll be finding out in about five weeks!
Labor Signs: Nope.
Belly Button in or out? In.
What I miss: Brushing my teeth without gagging and throwing up.
What I am looking forward to: Feeling the baby move.
Next Appointment: 2/16 to meet my midwife
Weekly Wisdom: Definitely don't get lazy with your water intake.
Milestones: First external ultrasound, graduating from the RE and my intake appointment with the midwife clinic.
Today I had my intake appointment at the midwife clinic. As we were driving around looking for the medical complex I looked out the window, saw the hospital and said to Mike, "I can't believe I'm looking at the hospital where we're going to have a BABY!" It's a very funky looking building--reminds me of something from a futuristic movie or something.
I liked the vibe of the clinic, although most places will have a better vibe than a military hospital, right? The first thing I had to do was give a urine sample--no big deal, right? Yeah...I dropped the specimen cup in the toilet. That's never happened to me before and believe me, I've peed in my fair share of cups! I had to cut myself off mid-stream, fish the cup out of the toilet (EWWW!) wash my hands and go back to the front desk to ask for a replacement sterile cup. Talk about embarrassing. The LPN who took my history was very vibrant and animated and put us right at ease. I was given the choice of four midwives and ultimately ended up going with a Yale graduate (Hellooooo smarty pants!) based on this little blurb about her, "Christina delivers care that is both personalized and holistic, taking into account a woman's physical, emotional and spiritual health, as well as her preferences for pregnancy and birth. She is experienced in assisting women with uncomplicated pregnancies that are safe and nurturing. All along each patient's journey into motherhood, she welcomes and supports family involvement." I have my first appointment with my midwife on the 16th of February and I'm super excited to talk to her about all my birth options.
The LPN sent us across the street to the hospital to get blood drawn but not before sending us home with a bunch of goodies:
Even the guy at the lab was super courteous and a lot more chill than the Privates who normally draw my blood on post--thank goodness! All in all, things are going great. I'm starting to feel less sick and tired, everything seems to be progressing normally and I couldn't be happier!Now if the post housing thing would rectify itself I could stop worrying and stressing about having a place to live in a month!


Ahhh sooo close to 2nd trimester!!! :)
ReplyDeleteYay for feeling a little bit better! I'm glad your appointment went well. It sounds like a really good clinic. So happy for you :)
ReplyDeleteI cant wait to hear more about the midwife. I find this very interesting and would love to be more educated on the fact. Hope you blog about your experience.
ReplyDelete