Jan 14, 2012

Old Wives Tales

There is a constant "argument" in this house about what the baby's gender is going to be. Mike says boy and I say girl. Now I know these old wives tales have a 50% chance of being right but I thought I'd look into some of them to see what they say. What do you think?

Chinese Gender Chart= GIRLMayan Gender Chart= GIRL
According to legend, 140+ beats per minute indicates a girl, and below 140 a boy = GIRL
Craving ice cream every single day? Some people believe this means it's a girl. If you have to have salty or sour stuff, then it's a boy.= BOY
 If you're breaking out like crazy, blame it on your girl babe. The belief goes that girls steal their mother's beauty, hence, those annoying zits.= GIRL
Sick as a dog during the first trimester -- or still? Signs indicate you're having a girl. Little or no morning sickness points to a boy. = GIRL

What are your favorite old wives tales?

2 comments:

  1. I like the one that if you have lots of heart burn baby will have lots of hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old wives tales are fun! I don't think they apply to twins so much, but I definitely paid attention to the 140+ bpm one (I figured it was the only "sign" that could be analyzed individually). Both of my babies have always had HBs over 140 (maybe that's why I thought they were both girls?) Obviously though, I was wrong. In fact, the boy's heart rate is consistently higher than his sister's because he's so active. I can't wait to see what you're having!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!