Dec 15, 2012

Four Months


It's true what they say--days seem to last forever but the months and years fly by. My sweet little Hazel is already four months old. I can hardly believe it. Every day is something new it seems and this past week it's like a light switch has turned on in her head because she has become so interested in everything. She is going through the four month wakeful period. She slept for about 40 minutes total all afternoon and evening on Thursday and was a complete crab by the evening. She loves to look around and investigate everything from the security of the Ergo.  Luckily she's still a great sleeper at night and the space between her feedings are starting to stretch out. We have discovered that she likes to sleep on her tummy. She stays asleep longer this way because she doesn't wake her self up flailing her arms.

couldn't you just eat those thighs up?
 
She smiles all the time. She's such a happy girl! Her new favorite thing to do is to screech. She sounds just like the baby velociraptor on Jurassic Park. She reaches octaves that could rupture ear drums but she's oh so cute when she does it. I've gotten her to belly laugh a couple times and that is the sweetest sound I have ever heard.


She is really warming up to Mike. She has smiles for him when he comes home and on Saturday mornings they hang out while I get to sleep in. A few weekends ago I woke up leaking everywhere because she was content and happily snoozing on her daddy. <3

Breastfeeding is still going amazingly well and Hazel is definitely a booby baby. At this rate I see no reason why we won't make it to at least a year nursing but I will nurse her as long as the both of us are still happy.

We still love cloth diapering. I've had a hard time figuring out good wash routine down here with the water.  We've always used Rockin' Green without issue but it's just not cutting it down here. I ordered some Charlie's yesterday to see how that works.

Hazel is so good at rolling over now. As soon as she's on her back she rolls to her tummy, screeching and grunting all the way. She's getting really good at baby push ups too and she loves to stand up. She smiles so big and we can tell she thinks it's so awesome to stand. We  got  her some toys for Christmas since she is reaching for everything now--last night she grabbed my plate at dinner!


She's in 3-6 month clothes but wearing some 6-9 month things as well, mostly pants since her fluffy butt needs the extra space. We'll find out on Wednesday how much she weighs when er go in for her four month appointment.

Hazel, we love you so much. You make me smile daily more times than I can count. You're developing such a little personality, complete with your own little temper. You're definitely a girl who knows her own mind and I'm having the best time watching you discover the world around you. Thank you for being my sweet baby girl.

4 comments:

  1. Look at those cute headbands! Love them. :) I also love reading update posts like this. I just wrote the baby's eight month one. It is good to have written down for posterity! p.s. I have heard Charlies can give some babies rashes, so just beware just in case. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy ICLW. Your daughter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!