Jun 19, 2012

Nursery Reveal

So the nursery that Baby H will never sleep in is pretty much as finished as it's going to get. Now that we're moving there isn't really any point in putting all the finishing touches on it since we'll be moving when little girl is only a few weeks old. I'm considering this room a "trial run" and plan to set it up pretty much the same way when we get to Alabama.


One week after we found out we weren't moving to Fort Rucker we decided to paint Baby H's room. I LOVE the way it turned out.
What girl doesn't love Tiffany Blue?





Cloth diaper storage. The bear on top was sent to me by my sister and nieces when we were going through IVF. She's dressed in a Tinker Bell costume, which is perfect since I did hints of Peter Pan (my favorite!) around the nursery.


Wall collage. I found thrift store frames, painted them and filled them with fabric scraps. The Peter Pan print and sign are from Etsy. Eventually a crib will go under this.




I was going to make white eyelet curtains but am holding off on that for now since the window in Alabama will likely be a different size. 


The co-sleeper will be in our room when it's closer to her arrival. I have some Peter Pan lithographs I need to frame for that empty wall, too.


Bow board



The awesome early 1900s dresser we got for $95. 

The lamp we upcycled  (it was black and had an ugly shade on it before) and the glider I got from another military wife for $75.
Her closet! This clothes only go up to six months. I would say she's more than prepared. :)



3 comments:

  1. AHHHH!!! I LOVE IT!! I LOVE TIFFANY BLUE! and the room looks adorable!!! I also love that her wardrobe is overflowing! just as a girls closet should be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it- such fun bright colors! I can't wait to see nursery reveal, 'round two :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous! I love all of the colors you brought in.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!